Date of Last Revision: April 15th, 2010
Automated Data Collection Terms
1. These terms govern your collection of data from Facebook through automated means, such as through harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers ("Automated Data Collection"), as well as your use of that data.
2. You will not engage in Automated Data Collection without Facebook's express written permission.
3. By obtaining permission to engage in Automated Data Collection you agree to abide by these Automated Data Collection Terms, which incorporate by reference the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
4. You agree that your use of data you collect through Automated Data Collection will be confined solely to search indexing for display on the Internet unless granted separate approval by Facebook for alternative usage and display on the Internet.
5. You agree that you will not sell any data collected through, or derived from data collected through, Automated Data Collection.
6. You agree that you will not transfer data collected through Automated Data Collection in aggregated or bulk form.
7. You agree that you will destroy all data you have collected through Automated Data Collection upon Facebook's written request and that you will certify such destruction under penalty of perjury.
8. You agree that Facebook may revoke any permission granted at anytime for any reason and you agree to immediately cease collection and use of data collected through Automated Data Collection on notice of such revocation.
9. You agree to provide an accounting of all uses of data collected through Automated Data Collection within ten (10) days of your receipt of Facebook's request for such an accounting.
10. You agree that you will not circumvent any measures implemented by Facebook to prevent violations of these terms.
11. You agree that you will not violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion header.
12. You agree that you will only use your own true IP address/useragent identity and will not mask your services under the IP address/useragent string of another service.
13. You agree that you will not transfer any approved IP address or useragent to any party without Facebook's express written consent.
14. You agree that any violation of these terms may result in your immediate ban from all Facebook websites, products and services. You acknowledge and agree that a breach or threatened breach of these terms would cause irreparable injury, that money damages would be an inadequate remedy, and that Facebook shall be entitled to temporary and permanent injunctive relief, without the posting of any bond or other security, to restrain you or anyone acting on your behalf, from such breach or threatened breach. Nothing herein shall be construed as preventing Facebook from pursuing any and all remedies available to it, including the recovery of money damages.
15. Nothing herein shall be construed to confer any grant to, or license of, any intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, by implication, or otherwise.
Clicking here will take you to an application form to apply for permission to engage in Automated Data Collection pursuant to these Automated Data Collection Terms.