How do I display an alternate name (ex: nickname or maiden name) on my timeline?
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Account Settings.
- Click General in the left-hand column.
- Find the setting Name and click Edit to the far right.
- Enter your alternate name. Make sure it complies with our alternate name policies.
- Check Include this on my timeline to have your alternate name listed on your timeline. Otherwise, it will only help people find you in search.
- Save your changes.
Note: If you checked the box to have your alternate name listed on your timeline, it'll appear next to your name at the top of your personal timeline page. It'll also show up next to your name in search results and any friend requests you send. If you have a large number of followers, you may be prompted to verify your account when you add an alternate name to your timeline.