What are login notifications?
Login notifications are an extra security feature. When you turn on login notifications, we'll send you an alert each time someone logs into your account from a new place.
To turn on login notifications:
- Go to your Security Settings
- Click on the Login Notifications section
- Check the box next to the type of alerts you'd like to receive and select Save Changes
Note: You need to add a mobile number to your account to receive text message alerts.
After you turn on login notifications:
- We'll ask you to name your computer or mobile phone next time you log in. You can also save this device to your list of recognized devices. This way, you won't have to keep naming the computer or mobile phone you usually use to log into Facebook. Don't choose this option if you're using a public computer.
- When you name a device, we'll send you a notification.
- If you ever receive a login notification from an unfamiliar device or location, follow the instructions in the notification to reset your password and secure your account.