How do I control who can see what's on my Timeline?
Here's an overview of who can see what's on your Timeline and tools you can use to control what you share on your Timeline.Overview
- You can share basic information like your hometown or birthday when you edit your Timeline. Click Update Info (under your cover photo) and then click the Edit button next to the box you want to edit. Use the audience selector next to each piece of information to choose who can see that info.
- Anyone can see your public information, which includes your name, profile picture, cover photo, gender, username, user ID (account number), and networks (learn why).
- As you edit your info, you can control who sees what by using the audience selector.
- Before photos, posts and app activities that you’re tagged in appear on your Timeline, you can approve or dismiss them by turning on Timeline review. Keep in mind, you can still be tagged, and the tagged content (ex: photo, post) is shared with the audience the person who posted it selected other places on Facebook (ex: News Feed and search).
- Set an audience for who can see posts you’ve been tagged in on your Timeline.
- To see what your Timeline looks like to other people, use the View As tool.
You're reading the Desktop Help answer. Learn more in our other Help Centers.
Last edited on Friday