Get text message notifications, post photos and status updates and connect with friends without using data.
Setting Up Facebook Texts
Whether or not you have this feature depends on your mobile carrier. If your mobile carrier supports Facebook texts, you can activate the feature from your computer:
- Go to your Settings
- Click Mobile
- Click Add a Phone
- Enter your country and carrier and click Next
- Using your phone, text the letter "F" to 32665 (FBOOK) to get your confirmation code
- Enter your code, then click Next
Once you activate Facebook texts, you can receive texts (SMS) from Facebook and also update Facebook by sending a text. Please keep in mind your country or carrier may use a different number from 32665. Check the table below to find the right number for you.
- Cricket: FBOOK (32665)
- Sprint: 32665 (FBOOK)
- T-Mobile: 32665
- AT&T: 32665 (FBOOK)
- Boost Mobile (iDEN): 32665 (FBOOK)
- MetroPCS: FBOOK (32665)
- U.S. Cellular: FBOOK (32665)
- Verizon: 32665 (FBOOK)
- Alltel: FBOOK (32665)
- Cincinnati Bell: FBOOK (32665)
- Cellcom: FBOOK (32665)
- nTelos Wireless: FBOOK (32665)
- Pioneer Cellular: FBOOK (32665)
- Bluegrass Cellular: FBOOK (32665)
- Illinois Valley Cellular: 32670
- Cellular One NEPA: 32669
- Element Mobile: FBOOK (32665)
- Viaero Wireless: FBOOK (32665)
- Peoples Wireless: 32665 (FBOOK)
- GCI: FBOOK (32665)
- Appalachian Wireless: 32668
- NorthwestCell / Chat Mobility: FBOOK (32665)
- Golden State cellular: 32672
- Carolina West: FBOOK (32665)
- Thumb cellular: 32671
- Immix Wireless: 32665 (FBOOK)
- Google Voice: 32665
- Nex-Tech Wireless: 32673
- West Central Wireless : FBOOK (32665)
- MobileNation: 32665
- Nemont: FBOOK (32665)
- Pine Belt Wireless: FBOOK (32665)
- Clear Talk Wireless: FBOOK (32665)
- Aio Wireless: 32665
- Inland Cellular: 32667
- C Spire Wireless: 32665
From your computer, you can go to your Mobile Settings to add, remove or edit phone numbers.
If you already have a mobile number on the account:
- Click Add another mobile phone number to activate another number
- Click Remove to remove any of the numbers that are already listed on your account
We also recommend that you add an email address to your account so you always have a backup.
- Go to your profile
- Click the Update Info button (under your cover photo)
- Find the Contact Info section and click Edit
- Use the audience selector to choose who can see your mobile number
Using Facebook Texts
If you’ve set up Facebook texts, you can send a text (SMS) to 32665 (FBOOK) to update your status and connect with friends without using data. Please keep in mind standard messaging rates apply.
|When you want to...||Send a message (SMS) with...|
|Update your status||Your status (ex: What a great weekend)|
|Add a friend||ADD phone number with country code (ex: ADD 123456789)|
|Poke someone||P name (ex: P John Smith)|
|Like a Page||LIKE Page name (ex: LIKE Facebook Stories)|
|Get texts when a friend posts something||SUBSCRIBE name (ex: SUBSCRIBE Jane Smith)|
|Stop getting texts about a friend's posts||UNSUBSCRIBE name (ex: UNSUBSCRIBE Jane Smith)|
|Stop getting text notifications||STOP|
|Start getting text notifications again||START|
You can choose which actions cause Facebook's texts to send you notifications by editing your notifications settings.
From this page you can choose whether or not you want to receive texts:
- When someone comments on your status updates and posts
- When you get a friend request
- From friends only
You can also restrict Facebook texts from sending you alerts during certain hours or when you're browsing the site already.
Once you activate Facebook texts, you can select when it sends you text (SMS) notifications by visiting the Notifications tab of your account settings and clicking Edit next to Text message. From there you can set which hours you'd like to receive Facebook texts.
Please keep in mind that these settings will apply to all applications that send you texts through the Facebook texts feature. You can also restrict text notifications while you're already browsing Facebook.
The list you see when you try to activate Facebook texts shows the countries and carriers that we have a mobile partnership with. If your country or carrier isn't listed in the dropdown menu in the first step of the activation process, you won't be able to activate texts (SMS).
To help add your country or carrier to the list, tell your mobile operator you're interested in this service and that they can visit our Facebook for Mobile Operators page to get started.
Note: You can still add a mobile number to your account from your mobile settings, even if you can't activate Facebook texts.
If you recently moved your phone number from a different mobile service provider, you may not be able to receive the confirmation code.
If you haven’t recently moved your number, try these tips:
- Contact your mobile service provider to make sure you're sending a text message (SMS) to the right number
- Remove any signatures at the end of your text messages which can interfere with Facebook getting those messages
- Try sending On or Fb to 32665 (FBOOK)
- Wait 24 hours in case there's a delivery delay
If you're still having trouble getting your confirmation code, please let us know.
First, make sure you've checked the notifications you'd like to receive by text message by visiting the Notifications tab of your account settings.
If you've confirmed that your notifications are checked in the text messaging section of your Notifications tab but still aren't receiving texts, try removing your number and then reactivating Facebook texts.
If you're still having problems, let us know.
Unfortunately, this problem is related to technical issues experienced by your mobile carrier. We're working closely with carriers to help resolve the issue as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience.
If you've changed mobile carriers and aren't getting text messages (SMS) from Facebook anymore, try removing your number and then adding it back. To do this:
- Go to your Settings
- Click Mobile
- Click Remove > Remove phones
- If prompted, enter your Facebook password to remove the number
- Reactive Facebook texts
Once you activate Facebook texts, you can receive texts (SMS) from Facebook and also update Facebook by sending a text.
- Check that you're sending your texts (SMS) to the correct number. You can find this number on the Facebook texts set-up page.
- Make sure that your phone doesn't include a signature at the end of your texts. This can interfere with Facebook mobile correspondence.
- Be sure that outgoing texts are still included in your service plan.
- If you're receiving error messages when you try to send your text, it may be due to problems with your mobile carrier. Please try contacting your carrier for help.
If none of the above information resolves your issue, please let us know.