How can I report a convicted sex offender?

Convicted sex offenders are not allowed to use Facebook. If you've encountered an account that may belong to a convicted sex offender, please report the account to us.

Please make sure you provide one of the following with your report:

  • A link to a listing in a national sex offender registry
  • A link to an online news article
  • A link to a court document
  • Documentation verifying the report attached to the sex offender report form

If you aren't able to include this with your report, we recommend that you ask a local law enforcement representative to contact us so we can take action on your report.

Once we're able to verify someone's status as a sex offender, we immediately disable their account and remove all the information associated with it from Facebook.

You're reading the Desktop Help answer. Learn more in our other Help Centers.
Last edited about a week ago
Was this answer helpful? ·