Gambling and Lotteries
Ads and Pages may not promote online gambling, games of skill or lotteries without prior authorization from Facebook.
Guidelines for Gambling Ads:
Ads and Pages may not encourage irresponsible gambling behavior or present gambling as an income opportunity or an alternative to employment. Ads may not use symbols such as U.S. dollar (i.e. $$) and pound (i.e. ##) signs that are unrelated to any specific amounts.
Authorized gambling, games of skill or lottery ads must target people 18 years or older who are in jurisdictions for which permission has been granted.
Guidelines for Gambling Pages:
Authorized gambling, games of skill or lottery Pages must:
- Gate access to people above the age of 18 years old and in jurisdictions in which permission to advertise has been granted.
Developers may operate a "For Fun" App displaying a gambling brand as long as:
- It is clear through either the branding (e.g., “[insert name of gambling company] For Fun”) or the name of the App (“[insert name of gambling company] Free Poker”) that the App is a “for fun only” game.
- The App does not link in any way to a gambling site.
- Earnings within the App can’t be cashed out in any way, including being converted into credit that may be used to gamble online or at a casino.
Lottery commissions licensed or sponsored by government entities may advertise, host a Page, or administer a promotion on Facebook subject to the targeting restrictions below:
- Ads must target people above the age of 18 years old who are in the jurisdiction that controls the lottery commission. For example, the New York lottery can only advertise or sponsor in the state of New York.
- Pages must gate access to people above the age of 18 years old who are in the jurisdiction that controls the lottery commission.
If you have any questions about this policy or feel that your ad is compliant and was wrongly not approved, please contact us.