To unfriend someone:
- Go to that person's profile
- Hover over the Friends button at the top of their profile
- Select Unfriend
Note: If you choose to unfriend someone, you'll be removed from that person's friends list as well. If you want to be friends with this person again, you'll need to send a new friend request.
By default, anyone on Facebook can add you as a friend. If you’d like to change who can send you friend requests:
- Click in the top right of any Facebook page and select Settings
- Click Privacy in the left column
- Click Edit next to Who can send you friend requests?
- Select an audience from the dropdown menu
To block someone:
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Click How do I stop someone from bothering me?
- Enter the name or email address of the person you want to block and click Block.
- If you entered a name, select the specific person you want to block from the list that appears.
People will not be notified when you block them.
If you can't find someone using this method, try going to the person's profile and selecting Report/Block from the dropdown.
If you still can't find the person you want to block, it's possible that this person no longer uses Facebook or has restricted their privacy settings. Keep in mind that you can always control the audience of stuff you share.
We will memorialize the Facebook account of a deceased person when we receive a valid request. We try to prevent references to memorialized accounts from appearing on Facebook in ways that may be upsetting to the person's friends and family, and we also take measures to protect the privacy of the deceased person by securing the account.
Please keep in mind that we cannot provide login information for a memorialized account. It is always a violation of our policies to log into another person's account.
To report a profile to be memorialized, please contact us.Removing the account:
Verified immediate family members may request the removal of a loved one’s account from Facebook.