About Page Insights
Page admins are interested in understanding if people are engaging with the content they publish. To help them with this, Facebook provides Page admins aggregated anonymous insights about people's activity on their Page. Facebook users give permission for their Pages activity to be logged for Page Insights in the Information we receive about you section of the Data Use Policy.
Get Help Using Page Insights
Page Insights Privacy
- Page admins never have access to an individual's personal data in Page Insights.
- Page Insights gives Page admins a number of aggregate metrics, including the number of people who like their Page, how many people see a post and how many people clicked the post.
- These metrics are created by logging and aggregating people's activities related to the Page. The kind of activities logged include seeing a post from a Page, clicking a post or liking or commenting on the post.
- Facebook's data retention policies require that the information collected that provides Page Insights are kept by Facebook, not Page admins. The Data Use Policy also determines how the logs are used.
- We take a number of measures to make sure that these aggregated metrics remain non-identifiable. For example, demographics insights are only provided once 30 users are part of that demographic. Page Insights are also only available to pages with more than 30 likes.
- Facebook doesn't use any data for Page Insights from people who don't have a Facebook account or who are logged out. If you don't want your anonymized data to be included in Pages Insights data, log out of your account when visiting the relevant Page.