Usernames & Page Web Addresses
- Go to facebook.com/username
- Select your Page from the dropdown menu
- Enter your desired username and click Check Availability
- If the username you want is available, click Confirm
If the username you want is already taken or not approved, you'll need to pick a different one. Make sure the username you're trying to claim follows the guidelines for custom usernames.
Keep in mind that your Page's username may be removed due to inactivity.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you create a custom username:
- You can't claim a username someone else is already using.
- Choose a username you'll be happy with for the long term. Usernames are not transferable, and you can only change your username once.
- Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (".").
- Periods (".") and capitalization don't count as a part of a username. For example, johnsmith55, John.Smith55 and john.smith.55 are all considered the same username.
- Usernames must be at least 5 characters long and can't contain generic terms.
- You must be an admin to choose a username for a Page.
- Your username must adhere to the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
You can only change your Page's username once. If the username you want is available and you haven't changed your Page's username already, you may be able to change it.
To change your Page's username:
- Go to facebook.com/username
- Below Create your Facebook web address, select your Page from the dropdown menu
- Enter a username and click Check Availability
- If the username is available, click Confirm to save it
If you've already changed the username for your Page, you won't be able to change it again. Keep in mind that you must be an admin of the Page to change the username.
No. Each person has one account and login information. Each account can have a personal profile and manage multiple Pages. Your profile can have only one username. Similarly, each Page you manage is allowed one distinct username.
Your username should be straightforward and easy to remember, since it will be the extension for your Page or profile's address. Choose a username you'll be happy with for the long term. Usernames are not transferable.
Learn more about the difference between Pages and profiles.
Usernames may be unavailable for many reasons, even if it seems like they aren't being used. For example, a username could be taken by a Page that isn't published yet. Also, we prevent certain words from being included in usernames. Make sure the username you're trying to claim follows our guidelines for custom usernames. If the username you want is already taken or not approved, you'll need to pick a different one.
Keep in mind that usernames may become available on a first-come, first-served basis. To see if a username has become available, go to facebook.com/username.
Note: You must be an admin to set a username for your Page.