Usernames & Page Web Addresses
- Go to facebook.com/username
- Select your Page from the dropdown menu
- Enter your desired username and click Check Availability
- If the username you want is available, click Confirm
You can set a username for each eligible Page you manage. If the username you want is already taken or not approved, you'll need to pick a different one. Make sure the username you're trying to claim follows our guidelines for custom usernames.
Keep in mind that your Page's username may be removed due to inactivity.
- You can't claim a username someone else is already using.
- Choose a username you'll be happy with for the long term. Usernames are not transferable and you can only change your username once.
- Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (".").
- Periods (".") and capitalization don't count as a part of a username. For example, johnsmith55, John.Smith55 and john.smith.55 are all considered the same username.
- Usernames must be at least 5 characters long and can't contain generic terms.
- You must be manager-level admin to choose a username for a Page.
- Your username must adhere to Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
You can only change your Page's username once. If the username you want isn't taken and you haven't changed your Page's username already, you may be able to change it.
To change your Page's username:
- From the top of your Page, click Edit Page
- Select Update Page Info
- Click Page Address, then click Change web address
- Enter the username you want for your Page and click Check Availability
- If the username is available, click Confirm to save it
If you've already changed the username for your Page, you won't be able to change it again. Keep in mind that you must be a manager-level admin of the Page to change the username.
Learn how to change the username for your personal timeline.
No. Each person has one account and login information. Each account can have a personal Timeline and manage multiple Pages. Your Timeline can have only one username. Similarly, each Page you manage is allowed one distinct username.
Your username should be straightforward and easy to remember, since it will be the extension for your Page or Timeline's address. Choose a username you'll be happy with for the long term. Usernames are not transferable.
Learn more about the difference between Pages and Timelines.
A username is the extension of a customized web address for your timeline or Facebook Page. A common example of a username is some variation on your name. For example, someone named Jane Doe might choose "jane.doe" for her username so her friends can visit her timeline by going to www.facebook.com/jane.doe.
If you wish to report a person or Page's username, please contact us.
Learn more about usernames for intellectual property rightsholders.