If at least 50 people like your Page, you can create an offer from your Page:
- At the top of your Page's Timeline, click Offer, Event + and select Offer.
- Fill out information about your offer:
- Title: Enter a title for your offer (ex: 25% off).
- Description: Provide more details about your offer (ex: Take 25% off your total purchase).
- Image: Upload or select an image for your offer.
- Expiration Date: Choose an expiration date by clicking today's date and then clicking a future date.
- Claims limit: Enter a maximum amount of offer claims or choose No Limit.
- Choose Audience: Below Location, enter cities to target. You can also click See More Audience Options to target your offer by gender and age.
- Choose Lifetime Budget: Choose the amount you want to spend to promote your offer. You can click an amount listed or click Other to enter a custom budget.
- Estimated Reach: This number changes automatically when you adjust your audience or your budget.
- Click More Options to add a start date, online redemption link and terms and conditions, or to change your payment account.
- Preview your offer in the top left and make any changes, then click Create Offer.
Please keep in mind that offers must follow the Facebook Pages Terms.
Learn how to create an offer from the ads create tool.
If at least 50 people like your Page, you can create an offer from the ads create tool without a budget and promote it later. To create an offer:
- Go to the ads create tool.
- Click Offer Claims.
- Select your Page from the dropdown menu.
- Clickto create a new offer.
- Write a title and description, click the image to upload a new one and click Next.
- Choose an expiration date for your offer. You can also add optional terms and conditions and advanced options, like a redemption link, redemption code, claims limit and reminder time, which is when people who've claimed your offer but haven't redeemed it yet can receive an email reminding them about the offer.
- Click Next to review what your offer will look like. We’ll also send you an email with a preview of what the offer email will look like when people claim it. Click Back to make any changes.
- When you're happy with the preview, you can add targeting and click Post Offer.
After you've created your offer, you can promote it by creating an ad. From the ads create tool, click Offer Claims and select your Page. Select your offer from the dropdown menu and follow the steps to create an ad.
Learn how to create an offer from your Page.
You can create an offer from the ads create tool for free. If you want to promote your offer, the amount you pay is based on how many people you want to reach. You can promote your offer from the ads create tool or Power Editor.
When you create an offer from your Page, you choose the amount you want to pay while creating your offer. Depending on the size of your target audience, you'll see budget options based on your offer's estimated reach. You can also choose a custom budget.
To create an offer, you must be an admin or editor of that Page. Also, you can only create an offer if at least 50 people have liked your Page.
Keep in mind that offers may be limited on some Pages. If you can't create an offer, you may be able to submit an appeal.
Designing Your Offer
Every business is different, and you can experiment with offers to find out what your customers respond to best. Offers following these best practices have a better chance of being successful:
- Make discounts substantial: Offers with free items (ex: buy one, get one free) or with discounts of at least 20% off will typically reach more people than offers of lesser value.
- Use an engaging image: Photos of people using a product often perform better than photos of a product by itself, and both of these generally perform better than logos. Keep in mind that your Page's profile picture will also show next to your offer in most places on Facebook.
- Set a reasonable expiration date: Give people at least a few days to see and claim an offer, and allow time for your offer to be shared among friends on Facebook.
You can choose a specific audience for your offer in two ways:
- Gate the offer so only certain people will be able to see it
- Add News Feed targeting to optimize your offer's reach
To gate or target your offer, make sure your Page has post privacy gating turned on:
- Click Settings at the top of your Page
- Click Post Privacy Gating
- Click to check the box next to Allow me to control the privacy of new posts I make on my Page
- Click Save Changes
With post privacy gating turned on, begin creating your offer. To make sure only certain people will be able to see your offer, click the dropdown Public menu next to the Share button and select Location / Language. Type in the countries or languages of the people you want to see your offer. The offer will only show up in News Feed or on your Page for people in the countries you choose or for people who speak the languages you specify.
Add targeting to your offer so only the most relevant people will see them in News Feed. Unlike post privacy gating, adding News Feed targeting doesn't affect who can see the post on your Page. To choose a targeted audience, click the when creating your offer. Learn more about Page post targeting.
When you create an offer from the ads create tool, you can add a scannable barcode that'll appear in the email people get when they claim your offer.
Keep in mind that the code will be the same for every person who claims your offer and isn't intended to be a way to prevent people from redeeming your offer more than once.
To add a barcode:
- Start creating your offer
- In Redemption details, click Advanced options
- Click the dropdown menu next to Redemption code
- Select a type of barcode from the dropdown menu and enter a valid barcode
We'll send you a preview email so you can see what your offer looks like in your inbox. Test scanning the barcode to make sure it's working properly with your point of sale software.
You can create offers for alcohol and pharmaceutical-related promotions subject to local laws in your area. You’re responsible for adding appropriate disclaimers in your offer’s terms and conditions, and you can't target ads for your offer to people who aren’t allowed to see them in your area. All offers must comply with the Pages Terms.
Managing Your Offer
To see offer claims, go to the offer on your Page's Timeline or in the Posts section of your Page Insights. The number of people who claimed your offer will be listed in the bottom of the offer.
To keep track of offer redemptions at your business, consider adding a barcode to track in your point-of-sale software, or train your employees to keep a tally of redemptions at the register.
No, you can't edit an offer after you create it, so consider the headline, image and details of your offer carefully. Once someone claims your offer, they'll receive an email with instructions about how to redeem it. Be prepared to honor offers you post.
Learn how to stop or hide your offer.
To stop running an offer:
- Hover over the offer on your Page's Timeline and click
- Select Stop Offer
- Click Stop Offer to confirm
People will still be able to see your stopped offer when they visit your Page, but they won't be able to claim it. To hide the offer from your Page's Timeline:
- Hover over the offer on your Page's Timeline and click
- Select Hide from Page
Keep in mind that stopping an offer can't be undone. You can only delete an offer if no one claimed it.