Your Personal Data
We're committed to protecting your information. We have industry standard and proprietary network monitoring tools constantly running in our system in order to prevent security breaches and protect the security of your data.
We also post to a secure page when you're logging in and employ industry standard encryption. This may not always be apparent from the URL (web address), but rest assured our logins are secure.
- The categories of data being processed by Facebook,
- The personal data that Facebook receives from Facebook members,
- The purpose or purposes of the processing of such data,
- The source or sources(s) of the data, if known, and
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom Facebook members’ personal data are or may be disclosed
When you choose to delete something you shared on Facebook, we remove it from the site. Some of this information is permanently deleted from our servers; however, some things can only be deleted when you permanently delete your account.
The reason for this is that we need certain data to give you the best experience on Facebook possible. For example, we save information about the friend requests you reject so that we know not to surface those people as people you might want to connect with. We also save information about the tags you remove to make sure that you aren't re-tagged in the same photo.
Facebook takes appropriate precautions to protect your information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number or your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Facebook always posts to a secure page when people are logging in and employs industry standard encryption. This may not always be apparent from the web address (URL), but rest assured that our logins are secure.
As we explain in our Data Use Policy, we have a number of corporate affiliates. Some of these affiliates offer services under their own data use and privacy policies. Please review those policies to understand how information is collected and used by our affiliates.
- Facebook Ireland Ltd., which provides the Facebook service to people outside outside of the U.S. and Canada. Read the Data Use Policy to learn more.
- Facebook Inc., which provides the Facebook service to people in the U.S. and Canada. Read the Data Use Policy to learn more.
- Facebook Payments International Ltd., which provides payment services to people outside of the US and Canada. Read the Data Use Policy to learn more.
Download Your Information
You can download your information from your settings. To download your information:
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Settings
- Click Download a copy of your Facebook data below your General Account Settings
- Click Start My Archive
Because this download contains your profile information, you should keep it secure and be careful when storing, sending or uploading it to any other services.
When you download your information, we require you to confirm your identity before you can start the process.
Once your download is ready, we'll send an email to the email address listed on your Facebook account along with a link to your download. For security purposes, the link will expire in a few days, after which you'll have to reinitiate the download process. Before you can download the file containing your data, you’ll have to enter your password. If you're using a public computer or one you don't use regularly, you may also have to solve a friend photo captcha or an SMS captcha via your mobile phone.
Warning: This file may contain private information. You should keep it secure and take precautions when storing or sending it, or uploading it to another service.