Uploading & Viewing Videos
Uploading and Editing Videos
- Click Photo at the top of your News Feed
- Click Upload Photos/Video and choose a video file from your computer
- Click Post
Your video will need to encode before others can see it on Facebook. When it's ready to view, you'll get a notification. Go to the video and click Edit to add a title, tag friends, choose a thumbnail and more.
To add a video to your Page:
- From your Page, click Photo / Video and select Upload Photos/Video
- Click Choose File to add the video from your computer
- Type an optional message to go with your video and click Post
Some Pages, such as verified Pages for TV shows, movies or games, can add a trailer. To add a trailer to your Page:
- Follow the instructions above to post a video to your Page
- At the bottom of your video post, click Use as Trailer
- Click Submit
The video will be added to your Page's Timeline with the title "Trailer." Keep in mind that only one video at a time can be marked as a trailer.
To comment on a photo or video, click the photo or video and type your comment in the text box. Press the Enter or Return key on your keyboard to post the comment. Your comment will be visible to anyone who views the photo or video.
Learn how to post a photo with your comment.
Follow these best practices to optimize the quality of your videos:
- We recommend H.264 video with AAC audio in MOV or MP4 format
- Make sure the video isn't more than 1280px wide
- Try to keep your aspect ratio, or the length and width of the video, to multiples of 16px
- Keep the frame rate of your video at, or below, 30fps
- Use stereo audio with a sample rate of 44,100hz
To stop videos from playing automatically:
- Go to Settings > Videos
- Click the dropdown menu next to Auto-play Videos
- Select Off
Learn how to adjust your video settings on your mobile phone or tablet.
You can adjust your phone's settings to only play videos automatically over Wi-Fi.
To adjust this setting:
- Tap App Settings
- Turn Video Auto-play to Wi-Fi only
iPhone and iPad
To adjust this setting:
- Go to your phone or tablet's settings
- Scroll down and tap Facebook
- Tap Settings
- Turn on Auto-play on Wi-Fi only
Even with this setting turned on, you may still see video ads playing silently when you scroll through News Feed. For now, these pre-load when you're connected to Wi-Fi to save mobile data.
Give feedback on videos playing automatically in your News Feed.
We remove things that don't follow the Facebook Terms (ex: nudity, hate speech, threats, graphic violence, bullying and spam). If you come across something on Facebook that doesn't follow the Facebook Terms, use the report link near the abusive content to submit a report.
Other tools for addressing abuse
It's possible that you might see something you don't like on Facebook that doesn't actually violate the Facebook Terms. If you come across something you'd rather not see, you can:
- Send a message to the person responsible for posting whatever is bothering you and ask them to take it down
For information about what is and is not allowed on Facebook, please read the Facebook Community Standards.
If a video's been uploaded to Facebook that you own the copyright to, click on the video so it expands into it's own window and then click Options beneath it. Select Report/Remove Tag and then click Is this your intellectual property? You’ll be directed through the reporting process.
Alternatively, you can report content that you own the copyright to from the Copyright page.