READER CONTRIBUTION - PEA SALAD
Contributed by Don
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 finely minced onion
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups fresh baby peas - OR - 2 (10 oz) packages frozen baby peas, I use frozen so i don't crush them when mixing
- 8 oz cubed cheddar cheese
- 4 or 5 crisp bacon slices, crumbled, just a guess because i buy trimmings and ends at my butcher
- Whisk together mayonnaise and sour cream in a small bowl. Add onion, sugar, and salt.
- Stir together peas, cheese, and bacon in a large bowl. Spoon on mayonnaise mixture and toss lightly until combined. Add more sugar or salt to taste if desired.
- Refrigerate 1/2 to 12 hours before serving.