In Honor of International Sushi Day, DC's Hottest Sushi Happy Hours and Deals
Today’s the day to honor everyone’s favorite bite-sized bundles of happiness. An event created on Facebook in 2009, International Sushi Day has gotten so huge that it has been added to the Chase’s Calendar of Events, the official event-counter. In celebration of International Sushi Day, we have gathered a list of DC’s hottest deals of where to chow down with some chopsticks.
Kushi Sushi 464 K St. NW
- $4 rail cocktails and draft beers
- One item from sushi kitchen and grill kitchen served at special price; handpicked by the chef later in the day.
- Offered Mon.-Fri. from 5:30-8 p.m
Sticky Rice 1224 H St. NE
- Half-price sushi on Mondays from 10:30 p.m. till midnight
- We recommend the Yellow Basil specialty roll: fresh hamachi with hymalayan pink salt and yellow basil, finished with scallions and sesame seeds.
Sei 444 7th St, NW (Penn Quarter)
- $6 spicy salmon and eel avocado rolls
- $7 house cocktails; be sure to try the Asian Pear Sangria and Liquid Wasabi
- Offered Mon.-Thurs. from 5-11 p.m.; Fridays 5-8 p.m.
Uni 2122 P St. NW (Dupont Circle)
- “Mixed ‘n Match” rolls for $3.50
- $2 Sapporo Light
- Offered Mon.-Fri. from 5-7 p.m.
Sushi Rock 1900 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington
- Half-price wine Mon.-Tues.
- $4 beer, $5 wine and $7 cocktails offered Mon.-Fri. from 5-7:30 p.m.
- $5 sushi specials: salmon avocado, shrimp tempura and yellow tail jalapeno rolls offered Mon.-Fri. from 5- 7:30 p.m.
Shiki Sushi 671 N. Glebe Rd., Arlington
- Patio Special (Mon.-Sat. from 4-9 p.m.): $1.50 domestic and $2 imported beers and free appetizer with any entrée
- Buy any two rolls get the third free (Mon. from 5-9 p.m.)
Maté 3101 K St. NW
- Half-price sushi
- $6 cocktails, $4 beer
- Offered Mon.-Fri. 5-7 p.m.
Tsunami Sushi & Lounge 1326 14th St. NW
- $1 sashimi and nigiri
- $5 rails, $5 large hot sake and $7 cocktails
- Offered Mon.-Fri. 5-7 p.m.
Current Sushi 1215 Connecticut Ave. NW (Dupont Circle)
- $3 appetizers, $4 rolls and $5 select rolls and other entrées
- $5 beers, $5 cocktails and $6 wines
- Offered Tues.- Fri. from 5-7 p.m.; closed Sun.-Mon.
Sushi Taro 1503 17th St. NW (Dupont Circle)
- Half-price regular sushi and all alcoholic beverages offered Mon.-Fri. from 5:30-7 p.m. at the bar only
- Save 5% when you spend $60 per person; %15 when you spend $90 per person (Mondays only)
- Free bottle of Sushi Taro Sake (originally $30) with any tasting order (Tuesdays only)
- 30% off drinks with any tasting order (Thursdays only)
- Omakase Counter experience: the tasting of authentic Japanese dishes. Features some of “the most exquisite food in Washington,” according to the Washington Post’s Tom Sietsema. Starting at $120 per person. (Counter closed Sun.-Mon.)
Kaz Sushi Bistro 1915 I St. NW
- Daily Catches and Features Menu
- Plenty of vegetarian sushi options
- Unusual sushi combos like sea scallop with prosciutto, cream fraiche and chives
Wok and Roll 2400 18th St. NW (Adams Morgan), 604 H St. NW (Chinatown)
- $1.25 nigiri sushi, $2.50 local beers and $4 lychee and passionfruit martinis offered Mon.-Fri. from 5-8 p.m.