A Look at some Facebook Platform integrations at CES 2012
Many of the apps and technologies launching at the Consumer Electronics Show this week are integrated with Facebook. From cars and consoles to TVs and tablets, Facebook is now on screens of all sizes. We're excited to see so many innovative companies building on Platform to connect people with their friends across all types of devices.
You can view live coverage of CES on Facebook Live at www.facebook.com/facebooklive. Tune in to catch conversations from Las Vegas with some of the companies building new experiences with Facebook Platform.
Here's a look at some of the new social apps coming out of CES:
- DIRECTV: DIRECTV is enabling social discovery of programs and movies on the television. Through Facebook Platform, people can see what friends are watching and tune in to those shows, or record for later.
- IntoNow: A new one-touch experience lets people share the TV shows they're watching with friends on Facebook. While watching TV, people can use the IntoNow iPhone app and identify the shows they're watching by analyzing the audio signal, and then share with friends back on Facebook.
- Mercedes: Vehicles will soon be available with Facebook built in so people can see the places their friends have checked into and use the car's navigational system to find directions, as well as get directions to Facebook Events and call Facebook friends with in-car technology.
- Slacker: Slacker Radio makes it easy for friends to discover and listen to music with each other from the web or mobile devices.
- Snapstick: Snapstick's app for Facebook Timeline makes it easy for people to play, watch video, listen to music, and channel surf with friends through streaming web content on their TVs.
- Trident: Trident brings people's friends to media navigation. Through Trident, people can see what shows are playing and the content their friends have liked and commented on.
- U-verse: The U-verse social TV app integrates with Facebook Platform to enable U-verse TV customers to share the shows they've liked and also see what their Facebook friends have liked and watched.
- Xbox: People can share games achievements, the shows they are watching or the music they're listening to from media apps, and pictures taken from their Kinect device, with their friends back to Facebook.
- Zeebox: Zeebox's new app enables people to share what they're watching on TV in real time with friends on Facebook, and post the shows they watch to their Timeline.
We're looking forward to discovering even more great Facebook integrations at CES this week!