Access WWE SummerSlam Journalist Competition
Fan of WWE? Got a flair for journalism?
We've teamed up with our mates at THQ to bring you one hell of an opportunity. We want to send you to Los Angeles along with games industry journalists and the Access TV crew to experience everything WWE SummerSlam has to offer!
You'll get return flights, accommodation, access to WWE SummerSlam and the chance to report back to the PlayStation community on Access TV. All you'll need is a passport, and to be able to travel to the US on 17th August, returning on 21st August.
To enter, you need to send us an email using the subject line "Access SummerSlam". Your email should answer this question in no more than 300 words: "I deserve to go to WWE SummerSlam because..."
Remember - we're looking for style and creativity in your response, so show off those journalism skills! Make sure your email also contains your full name, address, contact telephone number and date of birth. This competition is open to UK residents aged 21 or over.
The competition is open NOW and closes on Monday 6th August at 1300 BST. Full terms and conditions are below. Don't forget to share this post with your mates to let them know about the competition too. For more information about WWE 13, check out the Facebook page here: http://facebook.com/wwegames
1. The Access Summerslam Competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 21 years or over who are residents of United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) (“Entrant Countries”) except employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its associated companies, their agents, or anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”).
2. The Competition is open for entries on Thursday 2nd August 2012 at 9.00 (BST) and closes for entries on Monday 6th August 2012 at 13:00 (BST) (the “Competition Period”).
3. To enter this Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a. Compose an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line "Access Summerslam" containing a response to the question "I deserve to go to WWE Summerslam because..." using up to 300 words.
b. The email must contain the entrants full name, address, contact telephone number and date of birth
c. This will complete their entry into the Competition.
d. By entering this Competition, Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
4. Registration for PlayStation®Network is subject to acceptance of the General Rules and in particular, to sections 7 and 8. In addition, entries must not contain any (i) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery, (ii) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language, (iii) harassing or defamatory content, (iv) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others, (v) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality, (vi) violent or dangerous behaviour, and/or (vii) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
7. There will be 1 winner. The winner will be the entry which is deemed to have the best style and creativity by the PlayStation® Access Community Manager. The winner shall be notified of their selection within 12 hours of the closing date of Competition.
8. The winner will be notified via reply to the email account which they used to enter the Competition. The winner will have 12 hours to respond with the information requested in the notification to claim their prize.
9. The winner will win 1x Press Pass to WWE Summerslam in Los Angeles USA, dates 17th-21st August 2012, return flights from Heathrow Airport to Los Angeles (17th - 21st August 2012), 4 nights’ accommodation in JW Marriott in LA Live . The total prize value is €2000.
10. The winner is responsible for all travel costs within the UK and must ensure that he/she was appropriate medical and travel insurance.
11. The Promoter will provide full details of logistics and how to collect tickets etc in the private message notifying the winner of his/her success.
12. If the prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven days of receipt, otherwise the prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect your statutory rights (if any).
13. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each winner’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). Each winner’s details will be made available on request to those enclosing a stamped SAE marked Access Summerslam to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 13 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within 6 weeks of the closing date specified above.
14. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of the Terms and Conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may at their sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any prize awarded.
15. Prize winners must ensure that they comply with the relevant rules of entry when attending WWE Summerslam in Los Angeles and entering the USA. Any refusal of entry is not the responsibility of the Promoter and the Promoter shall have no liability to the prize winner in respect of the same.
16. General Rules apply to this Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
17. The Promoter is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.