Facebook Appoints Jordan Banks As Managing Director For Facebook Canada
Jordan Banks is a man on the move who has built an impressive career with some leading organizations on the Internet, from his time as Managing Director at eBay Canada, to JumpTV and his time as an early stage VC. With Louise Clements abruptly leaving Facebook Canada a few months ago, the social networking giant has announced Jordan Banks has been named Managing Director for Facebook Canada.
“Jordan Banks comes to Facebook with strong entrepreneurial leadership skills, combined with great knowledge and experience in the Canadian digital landscape. He brings a fresh and seasoned perspective to the Facebook team in Canada,” said Mike Murphy, vice president of global sales at Facebook. “With more than 15 million active users in Canada, Canadian companies are finding that Facebook is the best place to create closer, more meaningful, connections with their customers.”
Prior to joining Jordan was the Managing Partner at Thunder Road Capital, a company he Co-Founded in 2008 to provide investment and advisory services to early stage technology companies. In addition, Banks was the Chief Executive officer at JumpTV, a broadcaster of sports and international television over the Internet, and served as the managing director of eBay Canada. Banks facilitated the launch of eBay Canada in 2000 and was responsible for growing the activity driven by Canadians on eBay to over one billion dollars in 2007 – accounting for approximately 25 per cent of all Canadian e-commerce activity. Prior to eBay, Jordan held a senior business position at the National Hockey League Players’ Association.
google_ad_client = "pub-4287867723957987";
/* 300x250, created 9/13/09 */
google_ad_slot = "7364802784";
google_ad_width = 300;
google_ad_height = 250;
- Happy McHappy Day, Join The 17th Celebration Online Canada
- 71% Of Canadian Companies Block Internet Usage During Business Hours
- What Is More Important Google Juice or Facebook Juice?
- How Are Global Fortune 100 Corporations Using Social Media?
- XM Canada Launches Facebook App, Streaming Through Social Media, Be Where The People Are
- Privacy Advocacy Group Files Complaint Against Edmonton-Based Social Networking Site
- Two Questions To Ask Before You Select A Social Media Agency?
- Will Toronto Mayoral Candidate Turn To Social Media For Votes?
- Facebook Fun: What Would You Get Tiger Woods For Christmas?
- Golf Town Launches 12 Tweets of Christmas Campaign