STAR TREK Easter Egg Sweepstakes - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE STAR TREK EASTER EGG SWEEPSTAKES.
Congratulations to Scott H. from Erie, CO for providing the correct answer and being randomly selected as the winner of an official Phaser prop from the film STAR TREK!
For those that are still looking to find R2-D2, the answer is at the bottom of this post (**SPOILER ALERT**)
What scene in the new film STAR TREK features the robot "R2-D2" from Star Wars?
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org with "STAR TREK Easter Egg Sweepstakes" in the subject line for a chance to win an official prop from the film STAR TREK.
Live Long and Prosper!
Now Playing In Theaters Everywhere
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Open to US residents age 13 or older. Enter by 5/25/09. See Official Rules for full details and restrictions.
THE STAR TREK EASTER EGG SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. DESCRIPTION: The “Star Trek Easter Egg Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) begins on Friday, May 15, 2009 at 12:01 PM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on Monday, May 25, 2009 at 12:01 PM PT (the “Promotion Period”). Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Paramount Pictures Corporation (the “Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Only legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least thirteen (13) years of age, have a valid e-mail address and Internet access at the time of entry. Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. Void in overseas U.S. territories, possessions, commonwealths and military installations, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase is necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service may apply. Entrants must send a email message to the email@example.com (with the subject line “Star Trek Easter Egg Sweepstakes”) answering the following question, identifying hidden content (the “Easter Egg”) in the specified scene from the film:
“What scene in the new film STAR TREK features the robot “R2-D2” from Star Wars?”
The subject line of entrant’s email message entry must read “Star Trek Easter Egg Sweepstakes” to be eligible. Entries must contain enough information to correctly identify the specific scene in the film featuring the Easter Egg. All entries must be received before the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Sponsor’s computer clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes. Entry must be made by an individual entrant, only via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Limit of one (1) entry per e-mail address or person. Entries generated by a macro, script or other automated means and/or originating at any other web site or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of any device or process to automate the entry process is prohibited. Each entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email account utilized in the entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address used to enter, provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive an actual prop used in the film “STAR TREK,” to be selected by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $100. Actual Grand Prize value may be substantially higher or lower than estimated value. If prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
5. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: All details and other restrictions of prizes not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any and all prizes will be delivered only to an address in the United States. Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, or changed except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of a prize or any portion thereof permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion, in which case a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent, in Sponsor’s sole discretion) may be awarded. Any prizes depicted in promotional packaging or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes are for illustrative purposes only and may not represent the actual prize(s) that is (are) awarded. All ARV are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail and govern. The value of a prize may be taxable to the Winner as income. The Winner must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued by Sponsor in the name of the Winner for the actual value of the prize received. The Winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. The potential prize winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and (where legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If a potential winner is considered a minor in his or her state of residence, at Sponsor’s option, the applicable prize either will be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian of the potential winner, or the parent or legal guardian of the potential winner will be required to ratify and sign the Prize Claim Documents. Time is of the essence in awarding the prizes. Accordingly, if a potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within forty-eight (48) hours of issuance (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), the potential winner may be disqualified and Sponsor may select an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a prize winner or potential prize winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the prize as described herein.
6. WINNER DETERMINATION AND NOTIFICATION: The Winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period that correctly identify the scene in the film featuring the R2-D2 Easter Egg. A random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor using randomization methods selected in its sole discretion, to occur within seven (7) days of the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Entrants agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes. The potential winner will be notified via the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities shall have no liability for any prize notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours of issuance of the first notification attempt (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will be disqualified, forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor may successively attempt to contact up to two (2) potential winners in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed winner of a prize after such attempts have been made, if any, the prize may go un-awarded.
7. WAIVER OF LIABILITY / PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes and submitting an entry, all entrants agree to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against the Sponsor, Facebook, Inc. and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) for any injury, damage or loss of any kind (including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any Prize or any travel or activity related to the acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any Prize. By acceptance of Prize, the Winner grants to Sponsor and its designees the right to publicize such Winner’s name, address (city and state of residence) photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS / FORCE MAJEURE: By participating in the Sweepstakes and submitting an entry, all entrants (or if minors in their jurisdiction of residence, their parents or legal guardians) agree that the Released Parties (i) shall not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and (iii) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize(s), including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any damage to a participant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Application or participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections including without limitation, those that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If, in the exclusive judgment of Sponsor, this promotion (or any portion thereof) becomes compromised in any way, Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the promotion offer (or any portion thereof), cancel any method of entry, to void any entries submitted fraudulently and/or select winners from among all non-suspect eligible entries received prior to act that compromised the promotion. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prize(s) or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event including, but not limited to, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state and/or federal courts located in Los Angeles, California; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
11. SPONSOR: Paramount Pictures Corporation, 5555 Melrose Avenue, Hollywood, California 90038.
12. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules and/or the winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the “Star Trek Easter Egg Sweepstakes” Winners List, 5555 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA 90038. All such requests must be received no later than six (6) weeks after the end of the Promotion Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage. You may also view the rules by visiting www.facebook.com/StarTrek during the Promotion Period.
STAR TREK Copyright © 2009 PARAMOUNT PICTURES. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
R2-D2 LOCATION ANSWER (**SPOILER ALERT**)
During the Drill Machine sequence as the Enterprise comes out of its barrel role amidst destruction of the other Federation ships above Vulcan, we cut to an interior Enterprise bridge over the shoulder of Kirk that is looking out through the front viewscreen. In space, R2-D2 is floating in the debris from about the top middle of the screen to the bottom right.