Lands' End Canvas Holiday Pin It To Win It Contest
Ten $250 Lands' End Canvas Gift Card Winners
Julie Ann Herrin
We’re excited to kick-off a Holiday Pin it to Win it contest, our first-ever challenge on Pinterest. Simply create a virtual pin board featuring your favorite Lands’ End Canvas products for a chance to win one of ten $250 Lands’ End Canvas Gift Cards. Contest ends 12/21/11 at 11:59pm CT. Winners will be judged based on creativity, composition & style expertise.
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Create Lands’ End Canvas Pin Board - Create a Lands’ End Canvas Holiday Pin it to Win it Board on Pinterest and categorize under Women’s or Men’s Apparel.
Step 2: Pin Your Favorite Lands’ End Canvas Items - Go to the Lands’ End Canvas Pinterest Boards http://www.pinterest.com/landsendcanvas or http://www.landsendcanvas.com to pin 10 – 20 of your favorite Lands’ End Canvas items.
Step 3: Email Your Board Link to Enter the Contest - Email a link to your board for a chance to win one of ten $250 Lands’ End Canvas Gift Cards – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or would like an invite to Pinterest, please feel free to contact Mariella at email@example.com. See below for the official contest rules.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. The Lands’ End Canvas Holiday Pin it to Win It Contest (the “Contest”) is open to U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico), 18 years old or older at the time of entry; and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec), that have reached the age of majority in the province in which they reside by the start date of this Contest as identified below. Employees of Lands’ End, Inc. or Sears Holdings Corporation and each of its respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with such employees, are not eligible.
3. Entry. The Contest will begin at 12:01a.m. (Central Time) on December 14, 2011, and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (Central Time) on December 21, 2011 (the “Contest Period”). The following rules apply to each submission:
Step 1: If you are currently a member of Pinterest, please proceed to Step 3.
Step 2: To become a Pinterest Member: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and an invitation from Lands’ End Canvas will be sent to the email address provided by you. Only one (1) email request per person permitted. Pinterest membership is not guaranteed by Lands’ End.
Step 3: Once a Pinterest member, please create a Lands’ End Canvas Holiday Pin It to Win It Board (hereinafter “Board”) on Pinterest and categorize the Board as either Men’s or Women’s Apparel. Only one (1) Board entry per person permitted.
Step 4: Pin Your Favorite Lands’ End Canvas Items – Go to the Lands’ End Canvas Pinterest Boards (www.pinterest.com/landsendcanvas) or www.landsendcanvas.com and pin 10 – 20 of your favorite Lands’ End Canvas items to your Board.
Step 5: To Enter the Contest: – Email your Board entry to email@example.com, within the Contest Period, to qualify for your chance to win one (1) of ten (10) Two Hundred Fifty Dollar ($250) Lands’ End Canvas Gift Cards
All entrants hereby agree that upon submission of their Board, Lands’ End shall have an unlimited license to reproduce the Board, and create any derivative works of the Board in perpetuity, and that Lands’ End, Inc. shall have the right to publish in any media whatsoever the Board (including any reproduction or derivative work) and use it in perpetuity, the entrant’s name and likeness for any lawful purpose, including promotional purposes, without further compensation. By entering the contest, entrant represents that entrant created the Board for his/her entry into this Contest. Upon entry, each entrant (on behalf of him/herself and his/her child/children) also releases Lands’ End from all liability arising from his/her entry in the Contest and use of the prizes, and agrees to sign any additional documentation which Lands’ End may reasonably request addressing this or any other Contest rules. Lands’ End reserves the right to request from any entrant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary to validate any entry or award any prize.
Lands’ End, Inc. (“Sponsor”) will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, post-due, misdirected, copied, transferred, illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. You acknowledge that in posting your Board it will be freely accessible to the public and you grant Lands’ End the right to so display. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
3. Prizes and Odds. Ten (10) Winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Winner shall receive One (1) Two Hundred Fifty Dollar ($250) Lands’ End Canvas Gift Card, redeemable for merchandise only. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Contest may be presented in multiple presentations and in other media, and the odds of winning may depend on the number of eligible participants who enter the Contest through such multiple presentations.
4. Judging. Winners will be selected on or about December 22, 2011, from among all eligible entries received by December 21, 2011. Judging will be done on the basis of creativity, positive representation of brand message, composition and style of expertise of Board submitted. The winner selection process will be conducted as follows: Step 1) An initial screening of all Boards will be conducted by the Lands’ End Public Relations team to determine the top twenty-five (25) Boards received; Step 2) A team consisting of two Lands’ End Public Relation members will review the twenty-five (25) Boards recommended by the initial Public Relations team and select the top fifteen (15) Boards; and Step 3) A select committee of Lands’ End management will choose the prize winners from those Board’s recommended by the Lands’ End Public Relations team. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning each Prize Package depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner shall be notified via email on or about December 22, 2011. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. For prize winners list (available after January 20, 2012), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor, 5 Lands’ End Lane, Dodgeville, WI 53595, Attn: Public Relations Department.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. Disclaimers. By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sponsor, Sears Holdings Corporation, and their respective corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, employees and agents of each of them (collectively, the "Contest Entities") will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from any participant's acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize(s), travel to or from any prize-related activity, participation in the Contest, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Contest Entities will not be responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Contest if, at its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Contest. In the event the Contest is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to award all prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination.
9. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Wisconsin, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Wisconsin. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. General Release. By entering the Contest, contestants release any and all Contest Entities and any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
11. Sponsor. The Lands’ End Canvas Pin It to Win It Contest is sponsored by Lands’ End, Inc., whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Lands’ End – Public Relations Department.