“CHLOË’S AERO TEEN VOGUE COVER LOOK” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
“CHLOË’S AERO TEEN VOGUE COVER LOOK” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or to Win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. Eligibility: The “Chloë’s Aero Teen Vogue Cover Look” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 13 years of age or older and who have a registered Facebook account and valid email address as of the date of entry. Employees of Aeropostale, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Woobox and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising or promotional agencies and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employee, and all those with whom such employee are domiciled, are NOT eligible. Void where restricted or prohibited, and subject to all federal, state, provincial and local laws.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begin on February 1, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends February 13, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. Sweepstakes Random Drawings: Winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about February 14, 2013 from among all eligible entries. Winners will be notified via email to the address provided in the winner’s entry form. Determinations made by Sponsor are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The prize winner (or winner’s parent/legal guardian if the winner is a minor) must reply to the winner notification from Sponsor and include the mailing address and/or email address of the winner (or winner’s parent/legal guardian if the winner is a minor) within forty-eight (48) hours. If a winner is not reachable at the e-mail address provided and a forwarding e-mail address is not made available or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Sweepstakes Prizes: Sixteen (16) winners will each win an outfit that is similar to the one worn by Chloë Grace Moretz on the cover of the March 2013 issue of Teen Vogue. The outfit consists of: one (1) Aeropostale Denim Vest (Style No. 8533); one (1) Aeropostale Chiffon Black Crew (Style No. 1107); and one (1) Aeropostale Colored Jegging (Style No. 0226). Accessories are not included. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize is $72.50; total AVR of the Sweepstakes is $1,160. Sizes may be limited. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a $75 Aeropostale gift card in lieu of outfit in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No cash in lieu of prize will be awarded. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All applicable federal, state, provincial and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
For Canadian Residents Only: The potential prize winner must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered online or by mail, email or phone, as Sponsor determines. Potential prize winner must execute and return a Declaration of Compliance (or have their parent/legal guardian sign, if potential winner is a minor in his or her place of residency), and, where legally permitted, execute a Release of Liability and Publicity Release within seven (7) days of notification attempt.
- 5. General Rules: In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the identified Facebook account was registered. If a prize winner is a minor in winner’s place of residence, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent/legal guardian. Sponsor will send the winner an affidavit of eligibility and publicity release and the winner (or winner’s parent/legal guardian) will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release, except where prohibited, within seven (7) days of notification before prize is awarded. If the winner fails to return the affidavit of eligibility within seven (7) days or if the winner is ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all eligible entries received. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of Sponsor and award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor and each of its employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or a prize awarded. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused including computer malfunction, by participation in this Sweepstakes or by use or redemption of any prize or by any related activities. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name and likenesses for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Except as otherwise provided herein for the use of certain winner information, personal information collected from each entrant will only used by Sponsor for the purpose of administration of the Sweepstakes.
- 7. Jurisdiction: The Sweepstakes shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York applicable to promotions fully carried out within New York. Except where prohibited by law, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' and/or experts’ fees; and winner hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (including attorneys fees), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Each prize winner acknowledges that no other party nor any agent or attorney of any other party has made any promise, representation or warranty whatsoever, express or implied, not contained herein concerning the subject matter hereof, to induce the winner to execute any document and the winner acknowledges that he or she has not executed any document in reliance on any such promise, representation or warranty not contained herein. Any waiver by Sponsor and its affiliates of any term of any document in a particular instance shall not be a waiver of such term for the future. The winner agrees that the invalidity or enforceability of any part of any document shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remainder of that document.
- 8. Winner’s Announcement: The name of the prize winners may be obtained by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to: Chloë Aero Teen Vogue Cover Look Sweepstakes, 112 West 34th Street, 22nd floor, New York, NY 10120.
9. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Aéropostale, Inc., New York, NY. The Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook.