OPPORTUNITY TO INTERVIEW PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH
President Bush will invite one Facebook fan to Dallas for an in-person interview about his upcoming memoir, Decision Points, which hits the shelves on November 9, 2010. To be considered, submit five questions that you would like to ask President Bush about Decision Points by posting one comment below this note by 5pm (CDT) on October 21, 2010. 100 finalists will be asked to submit a two-minute video. The top five videos will be posted on President Bush's Facebook wall, and YOU will vote for the winner! The favorite fan will receive round-trip airfare to Dallas, Texas; the opportunity to interview President Bush about his book; and a personalized, signed copy of Decision Points.
Official Contest Rules:
1. Contest and Sponsor: Participation in the George W. Bush Interview Contest (the “Contest”) constitutes Contestant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. The Sponsor is the Office of George W. Bush, Post Office Box 259000, Dallas, TX, 75225-9000 (“Sponsor”). All decisions related to, as well as all interpretations of, these Official Rules by Sponsor shall be final and binding. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia) who are at least the age of majority for their respective state of residence at the time of entry (at least 18 in most states, some states such as AL, NE and MS have higher ages, other states have high-school graduation requirements). Employees of the Office of George W. Bush and its affiliate companies and suppliers, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Eligibility is also contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Submit exactly five (5) questions in a single Facebook comment below this note. To be eligible, questions must be received by the Sponsor between 3:00 P.M. (CDT) on October 15, 2010 and 4:59 P.M. (CDT) on October 21, 2010 (the “Contest Period”). All entries and submissions, once submitted, become the property of the Sponsor and shall not be returned. Any incomplete entries will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. Winner Determination and Verification: Sponsor in its sole discretion will choose one hundred (100) contestants from among all entries received during the Contest Period based on review and analysis of the questions included in each Contestant’s comment. These 100 Contestants will then be required to submit a two minute video (+ or – 15 seconds) within 5 days of being contacted explaining why they should be selected to interview former President George W. Bush. The sponsor in its sole discretion will choose five (5) finalists and post the videos on a tab of the official page’s wall. The Facebook community will then be allowed to vote on the finalists, and the finalist receiving the most votes will win. In the event of a tie, winner will be chosen by Sponsor. Any contestant who fails to submit a video within the required time will be disqualified, and a replacement may be named at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All potential finalists and the winner are subject to verification by Sponsor. A Contestant is not a winner of any prize, even if notified of being a winner unless and until the Contestant’s eligibility has been verified. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and eligibility is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified by email or Facebook after selection. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is deemed undeliverable, the potential winner is disqualified and forfeits the prize. In the event that a Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, the video receiving the second most votes will be deemed the winner. If for any reason the second winner is disqualified, then the video receiving the third highest votes will be deemed winner. This process will be continued until the prize is awarded, or Contestant submissions are exhausted. In the event of a tie, winner will be chosen by Sponsor. Winners will be announced via the official George W. Bush Facebook page.
a. ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: An interview with former President George W. Bush, airfare to Dallas if the selected winner does not live in North Texas, and a personalized, signed copy of the book Decision Points. Airfare includes roundtrip, coach-class air transportation for the winner from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Dallas, Texas. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, accommodations at a Dallas-area hotel (single room) and transportation to and from the airport of arrival may be included. Winner must provide own transportation to major airport near home selected by Sponsor. Winner must complete the trip no later than December 10, 2010. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation may be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize-related event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
b. Four Runner-Up Prizes: The four Contestants who submitted videos that were not selected for the Grand Prize will each receive a personalized, signed copy of Decision Points.
6. Limitations of Liability: By entering this Contest each Contestant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, vendors, advertising or promotional agencies, distributors, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, infringement, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of such Contestant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) technical failures of any kind; (2) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contestants, internet or computing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Contestant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a Contestant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Contestant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
7. Publicity and Copyright: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional or advertising purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration at any time in perpetuity. Each and every Contestant also grants an unlimited perpetual worldwide license to use, copy, display, distribute, publish and modify any question or questions or video submitted by the Contestant for the purposes of entering this contest. Sponsor will be the exclusive recorder of all audio or image or video renderings of the interview (“Rendering”), and will be the sole owner of all rights related to any such Rendering. No license, express or implied, shall be granted by Sponsor to any Contestant for any use or rights in the Rendering. Sponsor will have sole editorial control over all aspects of any Rendering.
8. Suspension: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, the Contest Period, or any part of the Contest, if any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs Sponsor's ability to properly conduct the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by an alternative selection process from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the cancellation of the Contest Period. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Contestant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or Texas State Court located in Dallas County, Texas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Contestant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
10. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments, concerns or complaints should be addressed solely to Sponsor, not Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for Sponsor’s marketing and tracking purposes.