2FD 051: Listener Case Study with Kyle Anderson
We are so lucky to have another listener join the show to share his story towards early retirement!
Kyle Anderson is a software engineer that is taking a mini retirement to build a tiny home with his friend in Austin, TX. He’s joined us to share his frugal lifestyle that he’s carried over from college and shares his plans for tiny home communities and future business ventures....
Like many software #engineers, Kyle has big ideas in his head and is trying to figure out the first step towards starting a business. CHA-CHING!
- Living in a #tinyhome.
- Generating #passiveincome with tiny homes.
- When to take a mini #retirement.
- How to start your first #budget.
- How much #money you really need to feed yourself daily.
- When to seek outside funding for a #business venture.
- Validating a business idea with paying customers.
- When to start a business for your idea.
- #Frugal Tip of The Week: Duplicating your laptop’s displays without external monitors.
2FD 049: Alternative Investments For Your Portfolio
Have you considered holding non-traditional alternative investments in your portfolio?
Kirk Chisholm, a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) has joined us to provide some insight into the opportunities that exist for owning alternative investments. There are many ways to grow your money outside of the traditional stocks, bonds and other securities we’re used to hearing about where you may have the knowledge and skills to take... advantage of them.
Kirk shares with us the pros and cons of alternative investments and how you can hold them in your portfolio. CHA-CHING!
- What are alternative #investments and examples of non-traditional investments.
- How to invest in alternative investments
- Preparing yourself to own alternative investments and how to decide on which to pick.
- Tax implications from alternative investments.
- How to calculate the asymmetric #risks with an alternative investment.
- Determining how much of your portfolio to hold with a speculative #investment.
- How to deal with Fear of Missing Out (FOMO) risk.
- Investing in #cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ether.
- When to diversify with alternative investments in #retirement planning.
- #Frugal Tip of The Week: How to make flight plans sorted by the lowest amount of agony/pain.
2FD 048: Budgeting For a Vacation Abroad
Have you ever thought about taking a vacation abroad?
Our return guest, Justin from Root of Good is back with us after returning from a nine-week Euro-Trip with his family of five. Justin retired at the age of 33 and has been enjoying life ever since....
Hear Justin’s take on what places to visit and how to budget and prepare for an extended vacation in a foreign country. CHA-CHING!
- How to pay for a nine-week #vacation for a family of 5 across Europe.
- The truth about the English-speaking barrier when #traveling across #Europe.
- How credit card rewards hacking, A.K.A. #churning plays into the #travel picture.
- The best places to visit and housing options that are affordable and filled with #culture.
- How to backpack across Europe with #kids.
- The truth about the large European cities that are advertised as the places to see.
- #Frugal Tip of The Week: How to find the cheapest flights.
2FD 047: Understanding Your Credit Report
Were you impacted by the recent Equifax #cybersecurity breach?
There are many reasons to monitor your #creditreport, which is free and entitled to you. Looking at your #credit report and understanding how your #creditscore is calculated is very important in identifying fraud attempts or finding where your credit is negatively impacted....
- How does the recent Equifax cybersecurity breach affect you?
- What you are entitled to from the #Equifax breach.
- Understanding your credit report and the difference between your credit score.
- How to get your free credit report, with no strings attached.
- How to get some basic free credit monitoring.
- The factors that go into a credit score.
- Where credit is used throughout your life.
- Freezing/Locking your credit.
- #Frugal Tip of The Week: The fastest, cheapest way to fry and egg.
#podcast #finance #money
Changing Lives!! $1 at a time!
2FD 045: Listener Case Study with Sal Hernandez
We have the pleasure of performing another listener case study with Sal Hernandez today!
Sal is a young professional that has been diligent about finding the right #career for his life and focusing on paying off debt to pursue his financial dreams. With savings starting to accumulate and recently purchasing his first house, Sal is trying to figure out how he can start putting his extra money to work....
We love our listeners and we’re honored that Sal took the time to come share his story with everyone to learn from. CHA-CHING!
- Living a #minimalist lifestyle, content with empty walls and rooms.
- How Sal has been tracking his #money to payoff #debt and see where he’s spending the most.
- How to find an affordable mattress.
- The truth about 0% #financing.
- Switching #careers from automotive to software engineering.
- Building the option to retire early even when you don’t ever see yourself not working.
- How people get introduced to financial advisors.
- The importance of reducing your #mortgage term.
- Why you should get rid of all debt before #investing.
- How much to contribute to an IRA and 401K.
- Our thoughts on investing in #cryptocurrency like Ethereum and Bitcoin.
- #Frugal Tip of The Week: How to learn a foreign language for free!
#podcast #finance #personalfinance
Sean was recently on the Go Hunt Life podcast chatting about his family's lifestyle change in order to #retire by 35. You can checkout his story here: http://gohuntlife.com/ep68-retire-30s-frugal-dude-sean-mer…/ #frugal #finance #podcast
Do you have a story to share with your personal #finances?
There is always room for more contributors to reach people in need of financial #education. Today we are joined by PT from ptmoney.com to talk about how to get started and the benefits of sharing your journey....
Everyone’s situation is unique and we want to give you the information you need to succeed in sharing it with the world to grow our community and help more people. CHA-CHING!
- How PT went from a corporate CPA to a full time #blogger/podcaster.
- The conference to teach you how to build your own #media empire.
- Why your voice is needed in the #personalfinance media.
- Ways you can start sharing your journey.
- Protecting yourself from liability concerns or embarrassment.
- Meeting other personal finance professionals to work together and reach more people in need.
- What it takes to succeed in the personal #finance media.
- How sharing your journey will help your own personal finance situation.
- #Frugal Tip of The Week: How to cut that gym membership with #calisthenics.
Checkout a highlight of some of our favorite guests on the podcast compile by our friend Early Retirement Dude with features from Frugalwoods, Root of Good, The Frugal Girl, Budgets Are Sexy and more!!
2FD 043: Things to Consider About a College Education
Are you ready to go to #college?
College is a huge decision and it’s extremely important to know how much college to take and how much you can afford. Student loan #debt is taking over the nation and many people are paying for it later in life after failing to think about the choices they had when they were young....
Learn what you can do now to prepare your personal #finances for an awesome, affordable college life. CHA-CHING!
- Deciding if college is for you or if a trade #school will do.
- How to avoid #student loan debt.
- Finding an employer that will pay for your #education.
- Joining the #military to learn work ethic and fund college.
- Thinking about your post-college life to fill the steps in between.
- What college really teaches you.
- How important college is for your #career.
- When you should start going to college.
- How to pay for college.
- Our thoughts on fraternities and sororities.
- How far to go in college.
- How to prepare for after college.
- #Frugal Tip of The Week: How to save on your apartment.
#podcast #finance #personalfinance #podcasts
2FD 042: Making Major Life Changes with Todd Nevins
Todd Nevins from the Go Hunt Life podcast has joined us to talk about the beauty in making major #life changes. Todd has had the pleasure of interviewing people who have “pulled the ripcord” and decided to take control of their lives and seek their #dreams....
Start living a life of #purpose and prepare yourself to make the changes in your life to achieve your dreams. CHA-CHING!
- How to live the life you want to #live.
- How you can take control of your life in a short amount of #time.
- The benefits of living an inspired life for your #children.
- Todd’s “ripcord moment.”
- The impact of your #finances on “pulling the ripcord.”
- How different the world is outside of the United States.
- The pros and cons of rules and regulations.
- First-hand experience on the House Hunters International show.
- How long it takes to prepare for a major life change.
- How much you should have saved up before making the move.
- Suggestions for running a #business in a foreign country.
- Interviewing the first woman to solo-row across the Atlantic, pacific and Indian oceans.
- Building the roadmap to get you to where you want to be.
- How to #declutter your #house.
- Where to find groceries straight from central Mexico.
- #Frugal Tip of The Week: How to get your house into MLS when doing For Sale By Owner.
#finance #podcast #risk #fsbo #personalfinance
2FD 041: Tapping into Your Freelancing Potential with Brennan Dunn
Are you considering freelancing to bring in some extra income?
Brennan Dunn from Double Your Freelancing has joined us today to share insight into his #freelancing story that led to generating seven figures a year for his #business. You may not have as much job security as you think as an employee, limited to just one source of #income....
You can start building the audience now for your future services or #product. Brennan’s here to give you the shortcuts you need to get started or improve what you’re already doing. CHA-CHING!
- Brennan’s story from startups to agencies to books, courses and conferences.
- Stop calling yourself a freelancer.
- The truth about job-security as an employee with only one source of income.
- Entering the freelancing world based on your current situation.
- “If you want to sit and write #code all day, don’t run a business.”
- How to find work as a freelancer.
- The biggest mistake most freelancers make.
- Focusing on the client’s end goal as a solutions provider.
- You can technically succeed in a job but still fail the client.
- How freelancing changed Brennan’s life.
- Building a #software company with no audience is very difficult.
- Moving from a services provider to an eventual product.
- The first step to becoming a freelancer.
- The essential tools every #freelancer needs.
- #Frugal Tip of The Week: How to plug a tire yourself.
#podcast #finance #personalfinance #podcasts