2FD 038: The Money You’re Leaving on The Table with Mighty Bargain Hunter John Wedding
Could there still be some places that you can cut back your #spending?
John Wedding from MightyBargainHunter.com has joined us to share some of his straight-up, cold hard #savings #tips to help you do a little extra. Good #deals are all around us and he’s going to help shed some light on where to find some that we may not know about....
Cutting back on the regular, recurring #expenses can make outings for meaningful with the extra cash to reward ourselves. CHA-CHING!
Using a rewards card to get money back if you’re responsible about paying your #credit card off every month.
Dropping your land line if you use your cell phone.
Using wholesale clubs to buy in bulk.
Learning the importance of #savings from a young age.
A good deal for you may be different than a good #deal for someone else.
Knowing what you need and then keeping your eye out for the item at yard #sales, flea markets and thrift stores.
Cutting back on the #costs of wining and dining.
Setting up automatic #savings with Change.
Finding tokens for Chuck E. Cheese’s on eBay.
What to do with those gift cards laying around.
Buying used is the best tip to save your pocket.
Online #rebates for immediate savings through many retailers.
#Frugal Tip of The Week: Using a Merkur Safety Razor to stay groomed for a fraction of the cost.
2FD 037: Managing Your Personal Finances with Mint
What are you using to help manage your personal finances?
Today, we are joined by Kimmie Greene from Mint.com, the FREE mobile app and website to manage your #personalfinances. We love using Mint for many things, like getting our free #creditscore, creating a #budget, tracking our #networth, keeping our #investments in line and much, much more. We’re honored to have them on the #podcast to share some insight into the tool and... kickstart your #savings #goals.
If you’re swapping between multiple tools or still using pen and paper or spreadsheets, this free tool could save you a lot of time. CHA-CHING!
- What is Mint?
- Making smarter #money choices with a total outlook on your #finances.
- The importance of tracking your personal finances.
- Never miss a bill again with Bill Pay.
- Knowing where your money’s going instead of wondering where it went.
- Automatically import your bank transactions into your budget and get notified when you’re falling off track.
- How to start your first budget with Mint.
- Keeping track of your financial well-being with your Net Worth.
- Insight into your investment’s asset allocation.
- Setting up savings goals to track money for specific targets.
- Integrations with Intuit QuickBooks and TurboTax.
- The average person has 11-15 bills they’re paying each month.
- Why use Mint over its competitors.
- What to look forward to seeing in the future within Mint.
- #Frugal Tip of The Week: How to get your FREE credit score in Mint every month with details into credit history and insight to prevent #identitytheft.
2FD 036: Blogging as a Side Hustle with J. Money
Have you considered starting a blog to bring in some side income?
J. Money from Budgets Are Sexy and Rockstar Finance has joined us to share the pros and cons of #blogging after years of experience buying and managing them over the years. He lets us know what has worked for him and what he’s picked up on about successful #blogs....
- How J. Money fell into blogging.
- Identifying blogs to purchase where you can still keep the writer around to produce content.
- How to make money on a blog.
- Drawing the line between running a #business and sticking to what you stand for.
- The industries where blogs do well.
- The importance of collaboration with other bloggers.
- The quickest way to start a blog.
- Understanding that owning a blog is a commitment that requires consistency.
- Blogging ultimately just takes time.
- Collecting metrics from day 1.
- The importance of #social media but focusing on one channel to do really well on.
- #Frugal Tip of The Week: Getting started with #podcasting as a side #hustle if you prefer blogging with your voice.