"It is an absolute certainty that, in a few years, all of you who read this will be lying in the grave. Oh, what need, then, to fly to Christ without delay! How short the time you have to do it in! You have to flee from wrath, to come to Christ, to be born again, to receive the Holy Spirit, to be made meet for glory. It is high time that you seek the Lord." McCheyne
The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts. Psalms 10:4
Have you sought after God? Where is God in your thoughts today?
I have never known.. .
1. A farmer who failed in life because he quit early to attend the Wednesday night service.
2. A farmer who became poverty-stricken beca...use he refused to plow on Sunday but rather chose to go to church.
3. A businessman who lost his business because he closed on Sunday.
4. Anyone who was too tired to go to church on Sunday and also too tired to go to work on Monday.
5. A Christian ever to be strengthened by engaging in recreation at the time when he should be at church.
6. Anyone's being made better by staying away from the church because he did not like someone who was there.
7. A strong, spiritual Christian who neglected the church and her services.
8. Anyone who became poverty-stricken because of his obedience to God.
9. A person who was in want because he gave too much to the Lord.
Nahum 1:2-7 2 God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
3 The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.
4 He rebuketh the sea, and maketh it dry, and drieth up all the rivers: Bashan languisheth, and Carmel, and th...e flower of Lebanon languisheth.
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.
7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
“The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings’ palaces” Proverbs 30:28
Spiders are incredible examples of God’s creative design. Each spider can spin a web and build it perfectly on the first try. The web has characteristics unique to the spider’s species and the intricate design patterns have every evidence of design. The web is produced from the spider using seven different silk glands. Each gland makes a strand for a unique purpose. One produces thread for cocoon...s. Another for wrapping up prey. Others make the walking thread so the spider doesn’t get stuck and trap herself. Another makes the sticky material to capture the prey. Typically, the silk has a tensile strength five times that of steel. Now that is strong! It is obvious that the spider does not have the intelligence in its brain to learn how to do this. It is equally obvious that the ability to do so is already designed into the genetic instructions that were placed in the original spiders by their Creator. Adapted from Unlocking The Mysteries of Genesis
The same sun that melts ice will harden clay. The reaction to the light depends on the material receiving it. Similarly, some people's hearts are melted while others are hardened by the light of The Son.