We couldn't have expressed our feelings any better.
The racing community suffered a huge loss yesterday. The hostess with the mostess. The Advanced Autosports phone girl who helped you get the part or the answer ...you were seeking to help make your spec Miata fly. The
Graphic designer that helped make your car yours. The photographer that made sure your racing adventures and accomplishments were documented so you weren’t alone in experiencing them. The mother that made sure you never went hungry and always stayed hydrated. The friend who told you how great you did on track(even if you didn’t). The good woman behind the good man, Dave Wheeler. Words will never be able to describe how much you’ll be missed, but we’ll keep trying anyway. Ready in peace, Ann O'Malley.
The monthly CSCC BoD and Membership Meeting is at K1 Speed on Thursday (2/22/18). Join us for an update on 2018 Motorsport Plans, Recent Events, and to Celebrate George Washington's Birthday! Food and Beverages are available for purchase at the venue.
2018 ANNUAL CSCC DAYTONA 500 PARTY
* Come join us for pizza, beer, wings, soft drinks, etc.
* (Full service cash bar available).
* All CSCC members, friends, and racing fans are welcome.
* $10 / person admission to help defray the cost....
* The traditional pool for the race winner / $5 per chance - up to $150 prize for the lucky draw.
* Limited # of Club stickers and giveaways to the first members to show up.
* Once again at Pyramid Pizza / Sports Bar in Addison
* Multiple big screen tv's
* Pool, bags, darts, beer pong available
* For more information contact Neil Janota (708) 784-9804 or just show up!
On behalf of the Chicagoland Sports Car Club, I would like to thank all of the workers, volunteers and competitors as well as the staffs of Midwestern Council and Blackhawk Farms Raceway for helping make the 47th running of That Loooong Race a success. Again, thank you!
The Members of Chicagoland Sports Car Club and The Midwestern Council motorsports community are deeply saddened to learn that Chris Schreyer lost his toughest race on Friday night, passing away after a tough fight. Chris was a regular MC competitor and contributed much to the sport in his ITS BMW, while helping others enjoy grass roots road racing the way it was meant to be.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Chris' family, and all of us that were inspired by Chris in so many ways. Family, Business, Teaching, and Racing were passions that Chris mastered in his life. May we all continue to learn from the examples that Chris set for us to follow. God Speed!
Chicagoland members and friends, we are looking for volunteers to assist with the 47th Annual 'That Loooong Race.' No experience necessary! A couple of hours either Saturday or Sunday to assist the CSCC staff execute another successful TLR. October 28th and 29th at Blackhawk Farms.
• All Groups Practice, Qualify & Race Same Day
• All Crew and Guest Passes — NO CHARGE!
•Over 2 Hours of Track Time for $350.00
• 50 Lap Races (100 Miles) For Current Era Cars
• Vintage Historic 2 x 25 Lap Races...
• Advanced Autosports Spec Miata Challenge
• Big Wheel Races for the Youngsters
• Halloween Fun for the Entire Family
• Last Chance for 2017 MC Championship Points
• Event Posters and Decals for all Participants
• Saturday Evening Party in the Pavillion
I was lucky enough to see McLaren in a Chicago theater last night. It's outstanding. There was much about the man I did not know. He was truly brilliant. Buy it or rent it. You won't be disappoionted.