- Intern - Program EvaluationJanuary 2014 to February 2014 Bogor, IndonesiaConducted a Communications Evaluation of the ASB Policybrief Series in order to measure impacts and outcomes of “Alternatives to Slash and Burn” 12-year program involving a 10 question survey sent to 1300 target audience members. Analyzed 40 Briefs examining a wide range of land use issues, REDD+, and improving livelihoods.
- Field workerJune 2013 to January 2014 Perth, Western AustraliaImplemented the environmental management plans for local Shires and Councils of the Perth Area. This includes bush restoration and native rehabilitation work in the Swan River Valley focusing on tree plantings and weed control.
- InternJune 2012 to September 2012 Cairns, Queensland, AustraliaOver this 6 week internship for the Aurora Project, assisted in research for a Social Impact Assessment of the Wongai Project - a current coal mining operation in remote area of CapeYork. Explored native title law, government land use policies and tenure regulations, businessstrategic planning, land and sea management, community development with indigenous communities,environmental protection/conservation legislation, carbon sequestration initiatives, and mining operations in Australia.
- Data Entry & SurveyorMarch 2012 to June 2013 Perth, Western AustraliaConducted interviews for qualitative visitor satisfaction study of River Parks on behalf of the Swan River Trust two years consecutively. Compiled and analysed data for over 400 surveys in 30 Riverparks which involved the creation of detailed graphs, trend analysis over a 3 year periodand client consultation for the final report.
- InternMay 2011 to October 2011 Girdwood, AlaskaProvided interpretive guiding of natural history for an eco-lodge in Alaska for week-long safari excursions and visitor day hikes. Proved my capabilities for leadership, facilitation, time management,coordinator or events, interpersonal communication and high levels of customer service.
- Literacy Registry CoordinatorNovember 2007 to December 2008Administered database management for this nonprofit incorporating thousands of literacy organisationsand programs. Executed daily administrative duties for large intake of book orders, grants, online purchases and book distributions.Participated in outreach efforts for community development and national educational initiatives. Performed high level of customer service. Obtained project management skills while leading the Borders Bookstore gift card distribution of $1 million donations as well as assisting in the Target Corporation Title I School Initiative involving a high level of teamwork, organisation skills and communication abilities.
- Feb 2012 to Mar 2014Tourism International development Sustainability Murdoch, Western AustraliaMulti-disciplinary studies examining international aid, community development, sustainability, environmental management, tourism, and indigenous issues.
- I'm a traveler, an optimist, and a dedicated activist for change and for a better way of living.
To be a catalyst is the ambition most appropriate for those who see the world as being in constant change, and who, without thinking that they can control it, wish to influence its direction.
- “All matter must be in a constant state of flux to insure progress, for what was wrong yesterday might be right tomorrow.” Henriette Mertz
"The answers we find are never what we had in mind, so we make it up as we go along"
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
"Our tears are sweet, our laughter venomous,
We're pleased when sad, and sad when pleased
We have broken every stalk, like a wind in the garden
We have picked clean the vine's candelabra,
And if we found a tree, still standing, defiantly,
We cut its branches, we pulled it up by the roots." ~ Simin Behbehani
"I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
Others Named Christina Ballew
- No contact info to show