The flu season is upon us. See your local GP for your vaccination.
Those eligible for free vaccinations include:
- Pregnant women (at any stage of pregnancy)
- People aged 65 years and older
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged six months to five years...
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 15 years and older
- People aged six months and over with medical conditions that mean they have a higher risk of getting serious disease (such as diabetes, severe asthma, lung or heart disease)
- QLD Health have introduced a free vaccine this year for all children aged 6 months to less than 5 years
Consult your family GP for further advice
My final post for coeliac awareness week; An eye opening article about the prevalence of coeliac disease, proving that this disease does not discriminate from a person's age, sex or race, rather a combination of genetics and environment. Please see your GP if you suffer from the symptoms described in this article. #CAW2018 #Coeliac #awareness Coeliac Australia
A great interview on 2GB for Coeliac Awareness week. Dietitian and Technical Officer at Coeliac Australia, Penny Dellsperger, tells Chris Smith there are multiples faces to the condition which can make it difficult to diagnose.
Welcome to my Faceboook page! I have started this page to enhance my engagement with current and future patients as well as become a place where I can share information about the areas I have a particular interest in such as Coeliac Disease; Diving Medicine (including both Recreational and Commercial Diving Medicals); Women’s health including Antenatal Care; Paediatrics; Travel Medicine; Skin Cancer Medicine and Skin checks.
If you would like to learn a bit more ...about me please see the 'About' tab.
I should also point out that this page is not a place where you can ask specific questions related to your health nor make appointments. If you would like to make an appointment please call the Townsville Family Medical Centre on (07) 4759 1100.
I hope you find my future posts both engaging and informative.
Thanks for following me,
Dr Teneille Boyland