* FIRE & ELECTRICAL SAFETY TIPS
• Make sure you have working smoke detectors.
• Do not use candles to light your home if you lost power. Flashlights are a safer option.
• Call 9-1-1 if you smell any electrical burning smells in your home, which can sometimes occur after power surges during these types of storm events.
• Always assume power lines are live. This applies to power lines on utility poles as well as those entering your home or buildings. Even momentary contact can injure or kill.
• Always keep yourself, your equipment and anything you carry at least 10 feet from power lines. Even though you may notice a covering on a line, NEVER assume it is safe to touch. Stay Away, Stay Alive!
* HOW TO REPORT A PECO GAS/ELECTRICAL EMERGENCY
If at any time you smell natural gas, see downed power lines on fire or arching, or suspect an unsafe electric or natural gas condition; please leave the area immediately and then call 9-1-1 and PECO at 1-800-841-4141. DO NOT CALL 9-1-1 to tell them your power is out. This is not an emergency.