- Could today's community building post be about or include putting me... in touch with the property management team that volunteered their time to come to my house (and others) to fix my ceiling fan, front door, and electrical outlets as a service project?? It was much appreciated!! Finally Home helps in so many POSITIVE ways. That's what I love about them most. Thanks for getting the word out!
- THANKS FHF for a great time walking with friends in the FC 4th of Ju...ly parade this morning :) We had a BLAST, and my teen and tweens got to do some erious "character building" by rising early and walking when they would have rather slept in today. Thanks for helping us make a great family memory :) Hope you will post some of the pictures that were taken!
In this Finally Home video Kristin Kasper Orphan is joined by Mandy Litzke, mother to 17 biological, foster, and adoptive children to discuss helping biological children understand the behavior, trauma, and sometimes tantrums of their siblings.
Poudre School District to host mental health education night for NOCO community
WHEN: 6 – 9 p.m. on Thursday, April 13
WHERE: Poudre High School
WHAT: Mental Health Matters will feature breakout sessions on mental health topics that pertain to secondary students, like anxiety, body image, depression, self-harm, substance abuse, online safety, grief and more.
DETAILS: The entire Northern Colorado community is welcome to attend. Parents of middle and high school students are especially encouraged to attend and connect with local experts, organizations and resources. Free childcare will be available, and there will be a coffee cart open. Spanish translation services will be available.
Any families that are interested in this Round table discussion please RSVP to Julie. This session will provide the following:
• Family and provider discussion regarding their experiences and networking
• Brainstorming ideas to identify post-permanency supports and services
We are very excited for our Family Strengthening Luncheon on Saturday, April 8th and we are seeking additional volunteers for all teams!
Please consider joining us from 9:30am-2:30pm:
- Hospitality team (morning set-up/check-in or lunch preparation/service)
- Super Hero Academy team (working with children infancy through 6th grade)...
- Teen Titans team (working with youth 6th-12th grade).
Sign Up Now to Volunteer: https://finallyhome.formstack.com/fo…/april8_volunteersignup
Questions? Email our Volunteer Coordinator, Chelsea (email@example.com).
*Please note, working in the children/youth programs requires completion of a volunteer training session.
Registration is Now OPEN! Don't miss out on our FREE Family Strengthening Luncheon Saturday April 8th from 11am-1pm! Click below to register your family!!!
This past Saturday was our largest Family Strengthening Event yet. Thank you to our staff, volunteers, families, and donors for making it a success!
Adults were engaged in a lesson about Parenting as Leaders and Models with guest instructor, Ana Morante, a Licensed Marriage and Family Counselor & Certified Family Life Educator. Meanwhile, children and teens participated in an interactive, character-based curriculum. They also had the the chance to partake in activities such as rock climbing, a trampoline park, and interacting with therapy dogs.
We are HIRING! We are currently seeking a FULL-TIME Event & Volunteer Coordinator.
If you have any interest, click the link below to find out more!
Congratulations to our Volunteer & Development Cooordinator, Chelsea! Chelsea has been accepted into CSU's Applied Developmental Science Doctoral Program and has received an amazing scholarship to help further her education. We are so excited for her and her future!
Finally Home is excited to welcome Justin Boling to the team! Justin joins our staff as the Senior Marketing & Fundraising Manager.
"A passionate husband, father of five, diehard sports fan, woodworking aficionado, crossfit believer, analytics junkie, coffee drinking, outdoor loving, and believer that all children deserve a chance to be a kid, be themselves, and be great!"