Healing Center at Silver Lake Gardens, Orland Park, ILMental Health Service in Orland Park, Illinois
How does your child feel? Don’t fall for the standard, good, fine, alright, okay, etc. Here’s a list to help them get in tune with their feelings!
Do you let your child go on musical-ly? Here’s a good article to learn more about it.
Please join Shelley Skas, LCPC for a presentation on Mental Health Disorders and Treatment for Children and Adolescents on April 9th 6:30-8:30 pm at
St. Terrence Parish
4300 W. 119th Place in Alsip, IL 60803
Free Webinar February 20th! Sign up with the link below 🤗
Adolescence is brutal — for teenagers and their parents! On top of raging hormones and escalating academic demands, teens with ADHD are navigating executive skill challenges that contribute to a “perfect storm” that overpowers most parents’ standard parenting strategies.
You need a new tool set. And that begins with understanding how your teen’s brain is developing — and how ADHD impacts her changing brain. Second, you... need to learn new strategies for working with your teen without driving him away. The good news: Time-tested approaches exist to help your teen transition to adulthood successfully. It’s just a matter of learning and practicing them — together.
This webinar will address the following topics:
1. how the adolescent brain changes and the challenges these changes present for the student with ADHD
2. the primary developmental tasks of adolescence and how they impact the parent-child relationship
3. the tools parents need to connect with their teens as they become more independent
4. how parents can help their kids take control of their lives while protecting them from serious risks
5. strategies parents can use to help their teens transition to adulthood successfully
Does your child have a bed time routine? Do they have a hard time falling asleep? Here are some tips to help. http://sleepcenter.ucla.edu/sleep-and-children