Historic Pen CompanyLocal Business
HPC has released the first ever POINT PLEASANT BEACH BOARDWALK pen made of Trex composite boards salvaged from the south end of the boardwalk following Super Storm Sandy. These are truly beautiful and are available in all of HPC styles. Visit our store www.HistoryPens.com and the we will give a 25% discount on the first 25 Point Pleasant Beach Boardwalk pens order no matter the style..... use Discount Code: PPB
37 pieces of THE SHACK Shell Ornament were just completed and are now available online. Also, our craftsman just complete a small run of 3" round Seaside Heights Boardwalk Restore the Shore Magnets and they will be available later today.
The PRESIDIO of San Francisco began as a Spanish garrison (September 17, 1776) to defend Spain's claim to the San Francisco Bay and was seized by the U.S. Military in 1846, at the start of the Mexican-American war. It officially opened in 1848, and became home to several Army headquarters and units, the last being the United States 6th Army. Several famous U.S. generals, such as William Sherman, George Henry Thomas, and John Pershing made their homes here.
Deactivated in 199...4 the Presidio was transferred to the National Park Service..... As part of the Doyle Drive Replacement Project: an ongoing (2009-2015) viaduct and tunnel replacement, HPC as able to secure wood from several demolished Presidio buildings. Stay tuned as we decide exactly what to create from these California and National Historic Trust pieces of wood. Perhaps a limited edition pen made using solid SILVER hardware?
Yesterday's celebration of the last documented land battle of the Revolutionary War (1782). Experience a re-enactment of this battle at Cedar Bridge Tavern Historic Site, 200 Old Halfway Rd. Barnegat, NJ. This event is free to the public.
Stanford University’s Encina Gymnasium
When the San Francisco earthquake of 1906 heavily damaged the seven magnificent neoclassic buildings comprising the Stanford University campus, the Stanford Gymnasium was among them. The new Encina Gymnasium was completed in 1915 providing Stanford athletes the necessary facilities to hone their skills for the next 89 years.
In 2004 Encina Gymnasium was deconstructed to make way for the new and modern Arrillaga Center, the University set out on a mission that ensured many of the material including tile, wood, aluminum, pipes and marble found new uses in other area construction projects. visit our website for more information: www.HistoricPenCompany.com