I love it when a plan comes together!
IAF issues a sincere call to spread awareness of the Grand Solar Minimum we have entered, and, in sharing the message, building stronger, self-sufficient communities to thrive in the times ahead.
"Survival seed packs" do a disservice by implying a sense of food security, when in fact, it is the knowledge of how to grow food, save seeds for next year, and share this knowledge with a growing, self-sufficient community. IAF explores how to meet the most basic of human needs in a... bottom-up (individual) model, without the state to provide for you.
Also in this video:
* hill your potatoes at 8-10" high. potatoes are top of list of calorie-rich food.
* viewing spirulina algae at 1200x
PLEASE spread the word about the need to START GROWING YOUR OWN FOOD and ensure your family's food security moving forward.
Today, IAF explores remediation of effects of large diurnal (between day/night) temperature swings in Aquaponics systems. Small (100 gal and under) systems are particularly vulnerable to quick changes in pH and temperature. Such rapid changes are detrimental to the entirety of the system:
* plants don't metabolize nutrients, leaving nitrates in the water
* water quality suffers,
* fish feed less (produce less ammonia!) and are more prone to infections...
* the biofilter (beneficial bacteria, which turn ammonia [fish waste] into nitrites, into nitrates [plant food]) can be injured, leaving ammonia in the water
* ammonia is MORE TOXIC at high temperatures
* DO (dissolved oxygen) drops, because Oxygen is less soluble as temperature increases
All of these factors mean that temperature fluctuations are a BAD THING. In this video, IAF shares this information, and walks through steps taken to remediate the damage in the current heat wave (100'F+ days, 55'F nights):
* Rotating Ice Packs by day, to keep water temperature from escalating too high
* Sadly, may have to use a heater by night, to keep water temp from dropping too low
* Added a bubbler + air stone, to ensure water has enough DO so fish can breathe easy
* Did a PWC (partial water change), which I try to avoid with Aquaponics, to flush out ammonia and ensure fish stay healthy.
In the context of the Grand Solar Minimum, and the highly irregular and increasingly extreme climate, this really speaks to INDOOR GROWING -- AQUAPONICS will produce more reliably in a more controlled environment, without these fluctuations -- which is what we want to ensure FOOD SECURITY.
YOU CAN DO THIS AT HOME! --And you should, to produce clean food for your family. It's that or watch as the food prices continue to increase, and ultimately, the shelves empty completely.
Start taking daily steps NOW towards radical self-sufficiency so that you can thrive in the current Grand Solar Minimum / Little Ice Age.
Super quick review of today's headlines involving crop losses, extreme climate events. START GROWING YOUR FOOD TODAY!
ARE YOU ACTING TO ENSURE YOUR FAMILY'S FOOD SECURITY?
Crops are actively failing -- food prices are already rising (and will continue to do so!)
Spread the word....
Extreme weather is destroying our food supply -- START GROWING YOUR OWN FOOD TODAY!
"“heartbreaking” to see livestock producers lined up for almost a mile at auction markets. With a lack of adequate grazing and feed, they’re selling their genetics that took years to build."
IAF describes the current heat wave in North California, which has caused peak usage to the grid, and power losses to over 40,000 people when they most want to use their A/C!
This record heat (105'F / 40'C in San Rafael) comes just days after snow fell a mere 130mi East in the Sierra Nevada. Extreme out-of-season microclimate events (whether hot or cold!) will cause further CROP LOSSES, driving up FOOD PRICES.
IAF walks through the recipe used when creating a nutrient mix, fed to your #Spirulina when harvesting to replace nutrients, ensuring a solid harvest tomorrow! Also, a discussion of the pH dynamic as a new spirulina culture grows in a new medium/tank: although it may look like things aren't going well, keep the faith and persevere, we will ultimately find success.
* Multiple volcanic eruptions emitting ash clouds into atmosphere;
* extremely cold temperatures for June in UK
Spread the word about the Grand Solar Minimum!
Hmm . . .
When Amazon today announced the somewhat-hostile acquisition of Whole Foods for $13.7 BB, CEO Jeff Bezos (who purchased the Washington Post a few years back and has turned it into a foaming mouthpiece for the establishment and their global warming / globalism narratives) has seized control over the single largest distribution channel of organic food.
It is no surprise that people with resources and information are moving to profit from the Grand Solar Minimum. ARE YOU?
Here a...re some other signs:
Farm prices (which should be skyrocketing like all other hard assets as people scramble out of the currencies being devastated by central banks) have declined since their peak in 2013 — even in advance of the actual crop losses. Institutional investors–including Buffet and the Chinese–are getting out.
Indoor, vertical farming startup companies are well-funded, indicating that VCs are shifting their investments into alternative agriculture, because traditional models are failing
These financial indicators are quite clear. It is no secret: history and current data, clearly indicate we are entering a Grand Solar Minimium. If this is indeed the case, we would expect to see big money positioning itself to profit from this. And we do.
TAKE STEPS EVERY DAY TOWARDS RADICAL SELF-SUFFICIENCY -- ENSURE YOUR FAMILIES FOOD SECURITY to THRIVE IN THE GRAND SOLAR MINIMUM.
Dissolving the Fake Narrative of "MSM vs Alternative Media"
We need to get people talking about the #GrandSolarMinimum now! The crop losses have commenced, food prices are rising quickly, and yet awareness is only starting.
COMMENCE THE MEME WARS
Just finishing a livestream with Mike from Morning DEW and Mark Mucci -- great, lively discussion! Hope you enjoy.
Great series to introduce the Black Soldier Fly (BSF) larva (BSFL) for composting.
* Oyster Mushrooms are a relatively low-effort, decently nutritious, immune-boosting fungi!
* Red worms are awesome producers of worm castings/compost.
* Duckweed is a high-protein, mini lettuce-like plant that grows atop slow moving water and can be used to supplement fish diets (up to 20%). Soldier larvae (up to 50%) are another option--likely coming to the farm soon! Watch the full processes!
Although I mention in the video that I might not make mushrooms in the future,... I don't regret learning how to do so. There are many cool applications for fungi, from medicinal to remediative, and on balance, they are relatively low-effort after setting up the medium & inoculating.
Also in this video, IAF works on establishing more of the well-understood processes that cycle energy through our systems:
* Starting a red worm bin to turn scraps into worm castings and liquid fertilizer for potted plants
* Receiving duckweed, and setting it up to start producing an initial population to then pull from and supplement fish diet. They love it, and it feels healthy to add living foods into their diet. Goldfish are omnivores after all!
* Considering black solider larvae also, to turn even more scraps into a tiny bit of compost and a lot of larvae, which can also be used for fish food
* And a crazy cold front & rain rolls through Northern California, dumping rain on the central valley (including Oroville)