All in all, highly recommende
I could have spent a lot longer in there and I would have probably bought a bit of everything
Fennel Salami (delicious
A hot rectangula
An even hotter round salami (delicious
A salami tha had a cheesy border (delicious
Some Auricchio cheese (delicious
And finally some Gorgonzola
We are waiting for you. 😃🇮🇹
Blog post by Alexandra Rose Creative. 😃🇮🇹
We are pleased to announce we'll be at the Garden Party again this year, with even more delicious treats for all including vegan. 😃🇮🇹
All our Colomba Pasquale has now SOLD OUT! Wow!
We have a few Easter eggs of different sizes (30g, 150g, 200g,350g), all with gift inside....
These might sell quickly today so we suggest you pick up yours soon after we open or give us a call to reserve, to avoid disappointment. ;-)
Happy Easter from us!
Just a reminder of our Easter 2017 opening times which were slitghly amended:
Good Friday - 14 April - open - 11am to 4pm...
Saturday - 15 April - Trading as usual - 11am to 5pm
Sunday - 16 April - Trading as usual - 11am to 4pm
Monday - Closed
Come and stock on Italian Easter Cakes - Colomba - and all the other yummy goodies we have in stock waiting for you. :-)
Just carefully prepared, Arancine Siciliane with tomato and mozzarella. 🇮🇹 They are scrumptious and a delicious treat for picnics, barbecues and any meal!
Ps: From The Italian Delicatessen 😉
This is an Italian Easter tradition. Torta Pasqualina. Easy to prepare with a few ingredients to be found in the deli. 😃🇮🇹
Simple spinach and ricotta pie. The origins of this traditional Ligurian pie is dated back to centuries ago, prepared and consumed in the Easter season, from which the name derives (Pasqua=Easter). A pie to its most simplicity, with a tasteful filling, it's enjoyed cold or warm and a great addition to a summer picnic!
For 8 portions:
1 ready rolled puff pastry sheet
500g fresh spinach - washed
60g Parmesan - grated
5 free range eggs plus 1 egg fr the eggwash
salt & pepper
a drop of olive oil
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 190C.
1. Grease a cake tin or a pie dish with a drop of olive oil. Place the ready rolled puff pastry sheet (with the baking paper) in the tin or pie dish, gently pressing the base and letting the corners hang outside the edges
2. Place the previously washed spinach in a medium size saucepan, on a medium heat and cover with a lid. Steam for a couple of minutes or until the spinach is wilted
3. Remove the spinach and drain in a colander. Cool and squeeze the excess water with your hands. Chop finely
4. In a medium bowl, add the ricotta, eggs, Parmesan, spinach, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Mix well till all the ingredients are blended
5. Transfer the mixture into the puff pastry, make three indentations with the back of a spoon and place the eggs in each
6. Gently fold over. Brush with eggwash (1 beaten egg) or milk
7. Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes, till the pastry is golden
8. Remove from the oven and let it cool. Lift the corners of the baking paper and place on a dish
9. Serve warm or cold
Tip: This recipe can be done with shortcrust pastry.