A new issue of Journal of the History of Sexuality is out! Articles in 27-1:
• Edmund Curll and The Potent Ally
• Six Ways of Looking at a Trans Man?: Frank Shimer
• Magnus Hirschfeld's Interpretation of the Japanese Onnagata as Transvestites...
• Scientific-Humanitarian Disentanglements of Gender and Age Attractions
• Jeannace June Freeman: Capital Punishment and the Lesbian as Victim
A new special issue of Journal of the History of Sexuality is out! The topic is Transgressive Sex, Love, And Violence in World War II Germany and Britain. Articles in 56-3:
• Sexual Violence and Transgressive Love in Historical Writing on World War II and the Holocaust
• Reframing Sexual Violence as a Weapon and Strategy of War: The German Wehrmacht in the Soviet Union
• The Leroy Henry Case: Sexual Violence and Allied Relations in Great Britain...
• Black GIs, White British Women, and Their Offspring
• German Women’s Illicit Love Affairs with Prisoners of War
• Sexual Violence as Social Performance on the Eastern Front
How do you catalog sex? Before the 1970s, cataloging standards lacked consistent treatment of terminology related to feminist, queer, and sex-related topics. In... “How Subjects Matter: The Kinsey Institute’s Sexual Nomenclature: A Thesaurus (1976),” author Donna J. Drucker explores the Kinsey Institute's efforts to provide library users with greater access to sex-related materials through up-to-date vocabularies. Find the abstract on our website.
A new issue of the Journal of the History of Sexuality is out! Articles in 56-2:
• Alfred Russel Wallace and Somerset Maugham in the Malay Archipelago
• Dressed Like a Man?: Trial of Enrique/Enriqueta Favez
• Concubinage, Clandestine Marriage, and Gender in ...
• AIDS, Mass Observation, and the Fate of the Permissive Turn
• Episcopal Virginity in Medieval England
• Feminine Sapphists and Liminal Sociosexual Categories in the US Urban Entertainment Industry, 1920–1940
A new Journal of the History of Sexuality is out! Articles in 26-1:
• Sodomitical Life of Jean François de Rougemont
• France’s Gay Pornographic Film Boom, 1974–1983
• Texas and the Creation of a Criminal Underclass of Gay People...
• Gay Porn Cinema as an Archive for American Sexuality
• Remaking the Maternal Body in England, 1680–1730
A new Journal of the History of Sexuality is out! Articles in 25-3:
• Sexual Practices Attributed to Heretics
• Public Silence and Police Surveillance
• Vernacular Expressions of American Sexual History...
• Australasian Lesbian Circuits of Mobility and the Transnational Exchange of Ideas in the 1960s and 1970s
• The Hidden Meaning of a Talmudic Metaphor for Coitus