- This is my boom stick.
- "It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship, or else a horror and a corruption such as you now meet, if at all, only in a nightmare. All day long we are, in some degree, helping each other to one or other of these destinations. It is in the light of these overwhelming possibilities, it is with the awe and the circumspection proper to them, that we should conduct all our dealings with one another - all friendships, all loves, all play, all politics.
There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a 'mere' mortal."
- C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory
"Travel is Fatal to Prejudice, Bigotry and Narrow-mindedness."
- Mark Twain
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson
"The officer of every corporation should feel in his heart - in his very soul - that he is responsible, not merely to make dividends for the stockholders of his company, but to enhance the general prosperity and the moral sentiment of the United States."
- Adolphus Green, Founder of The National Biscuit Company aka Nabisco
Zeus: "Perseus has won. My son has triumphed."
Hera: "A fortunate young man."
Zeus: "Fortune is ally to the brave."
Thetis: "What a dangerous precedent. What if there were more heroes like him? What if courage and imagination became everyday mortal qualities? What will become of us?"
Zeus: "We would no longer be needed. But, for the moment, there is sufficient cowardice, sloth and mendacity down there on Earth to last forever."
- The End of the Original 'Clash Of The Titans'
“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
- Dr. Seuss, Writer and Cartoonist
"Despite those titles, power, and pelf,
The wretch, concentred all in self,
Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down
To the vile dust, from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonor'd, and unsung."
- Sir Walter Scott, The Lay of The Last Minstrel, Canto VI
"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.
I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no "brief candle" for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."
- George Bernard Shaw