Its Restricted Burning time within the South West Sector of the City of Albany - a FIRE PERMIT is REQUIRED.
Please refer to the Burning Periods & Permits section of the attached link and contact your local unit for a permit.
Can We Fit and Safely Defend Your Home?
A number of measures need to be in place so that emergency services can locate and access your house and property in the... event of a bushfire, structural fire or other emergency.
As firefighter personal safety is paramount, the points below will determine whether firefighters can locate or decide that it is safe to enter your property to safely defend it.
· Make sure your property is identifiable at the entrance by having clear signs at the front gate. If applicable, consider rural road numbering signage.
· The width and height of property access, gateways and emergency access should allow for the dimensions of fire trucks and other emergency vehicles.
· Measure 4m wide by 4m high and prune vegetation that would prevent the fire truck from entering the property.
· Create a defendable space around your home.
· Create a turning circle near the dwelling so emergency vehicles can turn easily.
· If possible, consider a secondary access road into and out of your property in case one of them is blocked.
· Sign post available water resources near your home.
For additional ways to prepare your property, visit the Fire Chat website at www.dfes.wa.gov.au/firechat or refer to your relevant Local Government Firebreak & Fuel Hazard Reduction Notice.
A huge thank you to our our members who have been putting in the long hours at the Elleker Fire.
It has been a tedious fire, but with the commitment from all brigades we are finially getting somewhere.
Well done and thank you. 👍👍
City of albany advises there is a harvest and movement ban for the south west sector in the city of albany from now Fri Jan 5 until further notice. Stay safe everyone.
Prohibited Fire Season is nearly here for the South West Sector of the City of Albany. Refer to City of Albany website for up to date details (link is in previous post).
Also attached is a link to Emergency WA. This site will advise everyone if there is a fire, list total fire bans and fire ratings.
Stay safe everyone.
South West Sector of City of Albany. Permit Season for the 2017/18 Fire Season starts tomorrow - 1st November 2017. Please refer to City of Albany website for further details.
Stay safe everyone.
Thursday 12 October - King River Bushfire Brigade
6pm - Burn over drill / exercise for all active members
7.30pm - monthly meeting.
BBQ sausage sizzle will be provided.
All members please attend.
A huge big thank-you to Neil from Handasyde Strawberry Farm, Albany for the extremely kind donation of strawberry's for tonight Emergency Services Volunteer meet and greet BBQ. My little taste testers have assured me they are perfect. Thank-you for your support.