Just a reminder..
This Sunday, January 21, 2018 is our monthly potluck, come join us. If you would like to bring a dish to share please do.
It is the first of the year so let's start the year Great!
Food for thought today...
Sunday School study 'Jesus Corrects'.
The Passage: Mark 7:5-15
Jesus calls us to a higher standard.
1.What are some social customs you were taught to follow?
2. What are factors that cause modern Christians to neglect God commands?
3. What things might tempt people to twist God's command?
4. What are the implications of Jesus' declaration in verse 15 for those who follow Him?
5. What steps can we take to demonstrate grave rather than legalism?
Added is a picture explaining things to consider to improve ourselves.
Something to think about...
Every area of bondage in our lives can be traced back to a lie.
1.We listen to the lie (seems innocent);
2.We dwell on it (maybe hear it a few times or try to think on it because our source 'wouldn't lie to us').
3. Then we start to actually believe it and in the end before you realize it .......
4. You act on the lie...
once you start believing a lie we reject the truth and sinful behavior develops.