At approximately 11:00am this morning, the McKownville Fire Department was dispatched to this personal injury auto accident on Western Avenue near Parkwood Street. The vehicle's single occupant was rapidly extricated and transported to an area hospital.
Watch for us this Saturday at 2pm in the Albany St. Patrick's Day parade!
St. Patrick’s Day Events in the City of Albany
Road Closures and Parking Restrictions
North Albany Limerick Parade – Saturday, March 17, 2018 from 12:00 p.m. to... 1:00 p.m.
The North Albany Limerick Parade route:
Kick-off – North First Street west of North Pearl Street at the North Albany American Legion Post; parade will proceed east to North Pearl Street, then south of North Pearl Street to Emmett Street; east on Emmett Street to Broadway; North on Broadway to Wolfert Avenue in the Village of Menands; back south on North Pearl Street to North First Street
• North First Street between Broadway and Van Rensselaer Boulevard
• North Pearl Street between Wolfert Avenue and Emmett Street
• Broadway between Wolfert Avenue and Emmett Street
• North Second Street, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
• North Third Street, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
• Lawn Avenue, westbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
• Bonheim Street, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
• Lindbergh Avenue, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
There will not be any parking restrictions for the North Albany parade.
St. Patrick’s Day 5K Run – 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m. AND
Albany St. Patrick’s Day Parade 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The 5K run will utilize the same roadways as the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The 5K, however, will start and end on State Street between Broadway and Pearl Street.
Road Closures – Saturday, March 17, 2018:
Starting at 11:00 a.m., Central Avenue between Manning Boulevard and Quail Street will be closed for parade lineup.
Also at 11:00 a.m., 5K and parade route will be closed to ALL TRAFFIC:
Parade Route - Central Avenue starting at Quail Street, parade will proceed east on Central Avenue to Washington Avenue; then east on Washington Avenue to State Street; east on State Street to Pearl Street.
PLEASE NOTE - All cross streets along the parade route will be also be closed in preparation for the 5K and parade kick off. This will include Eagle Street as well as North and South Pearl Streets from Pine Street to Hudson Avenue.
Parking Restrictions - Saturday, March 17, 2018 from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
• Central Avenue, both sides from Ontario Street to Lake Avenue.
• Quail Street, east side from Central Avenue to Sherman Street.
• Washington Avenue, south side from Dove Street to South Swan Street.
• Eagle Street, east side from Corning Place to Pine Street.
• State Street, both sides from Lark Street east 3 spaces on each side.
• State Street, south side from S. Swan Street east to Plaza Road east of LOB.
• State Street, south side from Eagle Street to Pearl Street.
• State Street, both sides from Pearl Street to Broadway.
• South Swan Street, east side from Madison Avenue to Washington Avenue.
• Broadway, both sides from Pine Street to Hudson Avenue.
FF J. RAUGH
On January 8th 2018, a father and his three children fell victim to a fatal fire in South Carolina. The oldest child, James Raugh, was only four years old, but he already knew that he wanted to be a firefighter when he grew up, just like his uncle.
To help this young man accomplish his goal, many departments across the nation are putting James “on duty” with the hashtag #JRaughOnDuty...
This is the accountability tag that we tag off on the engine with. FF J Raugh will ride with me and my brothers to every alarm in 2018.
See James' story here http://www.wltx.com/…/jraughonduty-firefighters-a…/507263970
2018 marks the 100th anniversary since the founding of the McKownville Fire Deparment. In June 2018, we will be hosting a centennial celebration weekend.
Friday, June 8th 2018: McKFD Annual Officer Installation Banquet DInner. (Members and invited guests only)
Saturday, June 9th 2018: Centennial parade with a picnic/luncheon afterward....
More info and exact times will be provided as planning continues.
Save the date!
The Chiefs of McKownville thank all of our members and just as importantly all of the assistance from the North Bethlehem Fire Department for all their work today. It has truly been a busy few weeks for us. Hope the traffic wasn’t that bad.....
We will always remember.....
Don't forget to close your bedroom door. Doing so may save lives and property.
This is absolutely incredible. Closing your door while you sleep could just save your life.