Want to find out if that Windows Phone you've been eyeing works on your carrier? Check out http://www.willmyphonework.net/. This is a great site for determining whether a particular phone will work on your favorite carrier in your country.
Good News! updated to v2.0. Here's the quick rundown on what's been updated:
- Read articles are now “grayed” out (i.e. they appear dimmer than the non-read articles) making it easy to determine what you’ve already read.
- Ability to turn on/off the “FavIcons” in the article listing. If you are on a limited data plan then you might not want to include the FavIcons to reduce data usage. This can be configured in the settings.
- A new menu option, this article should be blocked..., has been added when reading an article. If you feel the article should have been filtered out for one or more reasons, simply select this menu option and it will provide a formatted e-mail message so you can notify us. We will use this feedback to better tune the article filters.
- Miscellaneous filter updates.
You can download/update the latest version here: http://www.windowsphone.com/s…
Just submitted an update for Good News! to the Windows Phone Store. This update adds an "Entertainment" category for movie- and television-related news.
Install the current version now (if you haven't already) and get the updated version automatically once it's available:
We're currently working on some updates for Great News! A question for you... would you rather see a new category for Entertainment or would you rather see a "general news" category for some region of the world (other than the U.S.)?
Win a Nokia Lumia 800!
Moonspace Labs is giving away a Nokia Lumia 800 to one lucky follower. Yes, we realize it is a Windows Phone 7 device (it will run Windows Phone 7.8). However, it makes a great backup, test, or media device (or something fun for the kids to play with). If you would like to have a chance of winning a Nokia Lumia 800, then read on.
How to Enter...
To enter for the random drawing of a Nokia Lumia 800, you must:
* Like our Facebook page - i.e. this page
* Share this post regarding the contest
* Tweet the following: Enter to win a Nokia Lumia 800 from @MoonspaceLabs - http://www.facebook.com/MoonspaceLabs
To be eligible for the random drawing, you must:
* Live within the United States (sorry, it is a United States model).
* Complete the steps listed in How to Enter above.
* Enter the drawing (again, following the steps listed above) by 7:00 pm (CST), Monday, February 24th, 2014. A winner will be selected on Tuesday, February 25th.
* Winner will be notified via Facebook Message. The winner agrees to provide Moonspace Labs, LLC with their full name, e-mail address, and mailing address (for shipping purposes). If the winner does not respond within 2 weeks of being notified, an alternate winner will be randomly selected.
* Only one prize will be awarded as part of this random drawing.
Just submitted an update (v1.2) for Good News! to the Windows Phone Store. Tweaks include:
* Added "Tech News" news category
* Display news feed name in list item header
* News items are color coded based on category
This version should be available by early next week.
Here are the updated screenshots: