Come join us every Sun!
Chinese Service 9am @Minor Hall, Level 4
Menorah Ministry 10am @Sanctuary, Level 4
English Service 11am @Sanctuary, Level 2
Youth Service on 10 Feb 6pm @Minor Hall, Level 4
Heard this morning...
The fourth and final session in D6 Days:
1. (cont'd) Beth Guckenburger – “Living with Reckless Faith”
2. Michael Bayne – “Leading Churches through Change into Family Ministry”
3. Sean McDowell – “Helping Parents Answer Tough Questions, Part 1”
4. Josh McDowell – “Helping Parents Answer Tough Questions, Part 2”...
5. Edward Moody – “Raising Daniel: Preparing Children to Survive and Thrive”
6. Steve Greenwood – Elements Demonstration
7. Jeffrey Wallace – “Helping Parents to Train Their Kids to be Leaders”
8. Candace Payne – “Living Present in every MOMent”
9. Richard Ross – “Ministry in Thirds: Youth Walking in Faith for a Lifetime”
Session 3 out of 4 in D6 Days:
1. Gary Chapman – “The Five Love Languages and Healthy Choices in Marriage”
2. Tony Bianco – “The Family Technology Plan”
3. Christina Embree – “Discipleship in the Every Day”
4. Timothy Paul Jones – “Where We’ve Been, Where We Are, and Where We Might Go”...
5. Richard Ross – “The Senior Pastor and the Reformation of Youth Ministry”
6. Linda Ranson Jacobs - "How to Help a Disruptive Child in Your Ministry"
7. Heidi Hensley - "Appropriate Times to Put Down Your Work"
8. La Verne Tolbert – “Ten Principles from the Master Teacher”
9. Skit Guys – “Designate 6”
10. Beth Guckenburger – “Living with Reckless Faith”
We're so excited to announce a special movie screening on Good Friday! Look out for more details coming your way on 25 Feb!!
[Note: Tickets sold through NHC only and are not available at cinema counter.]
Here's Session 2 out of 4! More gems from D6 conference speakers:
1. The Parent’s Guide to Loving Their Adult Children Well, Dr. Ron Hunter
2. Soul Care for the Minister, Melissa MacDonald
3. The Journaling Prayer Bible for Kids: One Dad’s Story, Joshua Straub
4. Developing a Passion for God and Helping Others Do the Same, Megan Marshman...
5. Four Strengths of Every Great Family, Jim & Lynne Jackson
6. Ministering to Students Who’ve Been Sexually Abused, Dr. Eddie Moody
7. Life-Changing Truth for a Skeptical Generation, Drs. Josh & Sean McDowell
For those who missed the past two years' D6 conferences in Singapore, here's a chance to catch up! You can watch these clips from the following talks at past D6 conferences:
1. D6 Flashback 2015 - Fight for Your Families, Dr. Ron Hunter
2. Teaching Like Jesus, Dr. La Verne Tolbert
3. Help! My Games Stink!, Jon Forrest
4. Doing Effective Family Ministry When the Children Come but the Parents Don’t, Dr. Timothy Paul Jones...
5. This One’s for All the Minister’s Spouses, Angela Haynes
6. Ministry Resource Round-Up, Lena Wooten
7. Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Became Parents, Dr. Gary Chapman
[Note: This is Session 1 out of 4. Look out for the next 3 videos...]
Here's the third instalment from our D6 Focus series. And just in time for Valentine's Day too, as Sis Anne Soh discusses what makes true love in 'God Created Marriage'.
As promised, the slides can be viewed here:
This is a very useful tool for parents to monitor and manage their children’s screen time. But in view of what Sis Anne has shared about 'fleeing from temptation' in yesterday's sermon, we could install this app on our own devices too!
P.S. The free version has a limited range of functions but it should be sufficient for our self-monitoring purpose.
For Missions Sunday, the children in NHK discussed the Great Commission: "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." (Matthew 28:19)
This week, let's consider together:
- How can we reach 'all nations' that are gathered in Singapore?
- Who are the people around us (eg classmate, neighbour, employee/employer or colleague) who have come from another country to live, study or work here?
- Is there something we can do to show the love of Christ to someone we know who is from another country?