Please make sure to pick up any medication (including Epi-pens and inhalers) that you have brought to school for your child before they leave. Any left over medication will be disposed of via accepted methods.
We are starting to see a few cases of the flu, lots of colds and there is also a stomach bug making rounds. Please remind your students to wash their hands with soap and water to prevent the spread of germs. If your child is vomiting or has fever or diarrhea they will need to be kept home until they are free of symptoms for 24 hours without the use of medications.
We have recently noticed an increase in head lice. Lice are spread mostly by direct head-to-head contact. The sharing of hats, combs and other hair accessories ,also spread head lice. It is important to check your child’s hair daily. The following treatments are recommended. If lice or eggs are found please begin treatment as soon as possible.
• Use a fine-toothed louse or nit comb. These combs may be included within packages of chemical treatment or you may buy one from m...ost drug. Combs with metal teeth spaced close together seem to work best.
• Sit behind your child, and use a bright light (and magnification if needed), to inspect and comb through the hair, one small section at a time.
• Comb daily until no live lice are discovered for two weeks. It may take several hours each night for several nights to tackle the problem.
• Combs, brushes, hats and other hair accessories in contact with an infested person should be washed in hot water each day to dislodge any lice or nits.
• Bed linens, coats and other articles of clothing that your child wears must be washed in hot water. Anything that cannot be washed must be put in a plastic garbage bag and sealed for 2 weeks.
We are so excited to see all of our kiddos on Thursday. Please make sure your student is bundled up and ready for the cold weather that is headed our way. ⛄️If they need a coat please let your building Nurse 👩🏻⚕️or Counselor know. Also, please make sure your Child is free of those dreaded lice. This time of year is a very popular time for them. It is important to encourage your child to refrain from sharing hats and brushes.
Parents if you have received a letter or phone call that your Child needs immunizations please send a copy of your appointment card to the School or have the Health Department or Dr.'s office fax us a copy.
We are still looking for nurses that would like to sub on occasion. Please contact the Administration office at 667-4118 or email Brandy.Skaggs@ozarkhillbillies.org.. Must have current license and CPR certified.
Ozark Public Schools are looking for nurses that would like to sub on occasion. Please contact the Administration office at 667-4118 or email Brandy.Skaggs@ozarkhillbillies.org.. Must have current license and CPR certified.
Flu forms will go home today. The School wide clinic is November 3rd and 4th.Forms are due back by October 14th but please return ASAP so we can check for any missing information and get it back to you if needed. Please complete back and front! We must have signature AND insurance information. Any students with incomplete forms will not be vaccinated. Nasal mist will not be given this year, shots only.
We are seeing lots of students with a sore throat but no other symptoms. Below are some guidelines on when to see a doctor:
-Severe and last longer than 5-7 days.
-Difficulty opening the mouth
- Fever (over 101)
- swollen lymph nodes
- Hoarseness lasting longer than 2 weeks.