We had an awesome Pre-Contest Band clinic last Saturday! A big thanks goes to Mr. George Edge, Dr. Mario Marini, and Dr. Adrienne Lape for being clinicians again this year. It was a joy to work with Mr. Riley Robey and the Grove City Christian High School Band and Mr. Jochen McEvoy and the Columbus West High School Band!
Recital sharing the talents of the vocal students at Ohio Christian University. The performance will be held in the Recital Hall of the new Ministry & Performing Arts Center on campus.
The Pre-Contest Band Clinic provides high school bands and their directors the opportunity to get feedback and tips on the performance quality of their contest selections from OCU faculty and guests.* The main clinician is OCU faculty member Mr. George Edge, a highly successful band director at Grove City High School, and a veteran contest judge who judges concert and marching bands around the nation. During the clinic, applied instrumental faculty also work with students, gi...ving advice and modeling pedagogical and musical concepts for them. Each band gets a private, one-hour clinic with the clinicians. On the application form, band directors are encouraged to select specific passages in the contest selections, or sections of the band on which they wish the clinic to focus instruction. Following the clinic, the band members are given a campus tour, recreational time in the student HUB, and a pizza party.
• The application fee is $15 per band. Apply on or before Friday, January 26, 2018 and the application fee will be waived.
• The application deadline is Friday, February 2, 2018.
• Directors are given the opportunity to select the time slot that best fits their schedule. Time slots are one hour in length, and are available on a first come first serve basis.
• The university will supply chairs, music stands, and large percussion instruments (at the band directors request) for the clinic.
If you have questions, please contact the music secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Bands who are not going to contest are also welcome to participate in the clinic.
Come join us for the Chamber Music Recital tomorrow evening, November 9 at 7:00 p.m. in Detty Chapel. The concert will include performances by the University Chamber Singers, Clarinet Trio, and the University Chamber Orchestra. The special feature on the concert is guest bassoon soloist Alexandra Traini. Ms. Traini will perform the Vivaldi Concerto for Bassoon and Orchestra with the University String Orchestra.
Admission to the event is free and open to the public. If you have questions you may contact the Music Office @ 740-477-4510. See you there!