The most asked question we get is, "How do I keep my Basket looking beautiful all summer?" Here are the common-sense steps to follow: Tips for Hanging Baskets & Containers
COLD TEMPERATURES: Annuals need a temperature above 42 Degrees. Check the forecast. If the night temperature falls below 42 degrees:
• Bring your basket and containers in. Just store them near the warmest area of the garage, usually the wall closest to the house.
• Cover annuals and vegetables that ha...ve been planted in the ground with a sheet.
WATERING: Your plants need for water changes with the weather. They drink more on sunny, hot, high windy days; Less water on cloudy, cool, and low windy days.
• Water in the morning only if soil is dry. Plants drink during the day and very little at night.
• Do not over -water. Keeping the soil constantly wet chokes off the oxygen and drowns the roots which will rot. Allowing the plants to dry down allows the roots to breath.
• Your hanging baskets/ planters will drink more as it grows, so monitor when they look “droopy”. If the soil is dry, that’s the perfect time to water.
• Check the weight of your basket/planter. If it’s heavy, that’s water weight. Don’t water. If it’s light, it needs water. If it’s weight is somewhere in-between, then give it the appropriate water based on the day’s weather. When in doubt, less is best.
• On those sunny, hot or windy days, check your basket a second time in the evening. If it’s light give it a little water to keep the soil moist until the morning watering.
DON’T OVER FERTILIZE: Fertilize no more than once a week with a weak solution of liquid fertilizer.
The routine of care is the key. Good luck and enjoy your baskets & containers!
Here it is…A smart and fresh idea! Announcing our slick Smartie-Pots!
We’ve taken our best 12” hanging basket combinations and now offer them in three sizes. Smartie-Pots were created to drop into your favorite planter with the added benefit of matching it to a hanging basket. Designs are limited, so come in early. Show off your clever containers with the Smartie-Pot. It’s just smart!