Purpose of Powhatan County Page:
• To provide local citizens with information about government programs, events and services.
• To provide a platform for local citizens to share thoughts, opinions and suggestions about topics affecting Powhatan County.
Criteria for Posting Information on Powhatan County Page:
• Solicitations or advertisements of any kind that are not officially sponsored or endorsed by Powhatan County
• Nudity or pornography
• Profanity or vulgar language
• Personal attacks or threats against any person or group; libelous, harassing or abusive statements
• Posting someone else’s personal information such as home address or phone number without their written consent
• Establishments where the distribution or sale of alcoholic beverages is a primary business function
• Activities restricted to adults
• Tobacco and tobacco products
• Firearms or other weapons
• Hostility or violence toward any individual or group, including personal insults, libel, defamation of character
• Attacks on ethnic, racial, gender or religious groups
• Illegal discrimination against any group
• Illegal or inappropriate use of firearms or drugs, or any illegal activity
• Sexual overtone or innuendo
• Posts by persons who are impersonating city officials or using false identities
• Information harmful to children or is of a nature to frighten children, either emotionally or physically
• Cruelty to animals
• Online casino gaming, gambling or betting
• Information affiliated with or promoting political campaigns
Board of Supervisors Special Joint Meeting with School Board - March 19, 2018: Board of Supervisors Special Joint Meeting with School Board - March 19, 2018 http://www.powhatanva.com/AgendaCenter/PreviousVersions/548…
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a supportive team of local government professionals in a community with an excellent quality of life? Powhatan County is the Richmond region’s best kept secret for work-life balance while being a short drive from the capital city’s amenities. Current job opportunities can be found by clicking the links on the left side of the page in desktop viewing or scrolling to the bottom for mobile viewing.
March 2018 SCS Broadband Update:
A community pole is proposed for installation in the Westlake community. Marketing postcards and phone calls for the Mitchell Road tower area will be underway in March. American Tower assigned a staff member to expedite SCS Broadband leasing process for their towers. SCS is waiting on the response from SBA towers, with a high priority for two of their towers.
With the tower leasing situation improving, along with better weather, SCS predicts b...etter progress over the next 2-3 months.
SCS Broadband is submitting a revised project time-frame, by tower and region, later this week, and a monthly status reporting system has been implemented for regular progress updates.
Additionally, Powhatan County’s Administrator will be participating with Goochland County’s Administrator, and other communities, in a regional meeting with SCS Broadband to ascertain what can be done to accelerate deployment.
Can't make it to a Board of Supervisors meeting? Don't worry, all our meetings are posted to our website. Click here to check it out: http://www.powhatanva.gov/436/View-or-Listen-to-Meetings.
All meetings held in the auditorium can be found by clicking 'Videos On Demand" and all workshops held in the conference room can be found by clicking "Audio on Demand"
Board of Supervisors Special Meeting - January 30, 2018: Board of Supervisors Special Meeting - January 30, 2018 Update: Minutes added or updated http://www.powhatanva.com/AgendaCenter/PreviousVersions/529…
Board of Supervisors Regular Meeting - January 22, 2018: Board of Supervisors Regular Meeting - January 22, 2018 Update: Minutes added or updated http://www.powhatanva.com/AgendaCenter/PreviousVersions/528…
Board of Supervisors Special Meeting -- January 18, 2018: Board of Supervisors Special Meeting -- January 18, 2018 Update: Minutes added or updated http://www.powhatanva.com/AgendaCenter/PreviousVersions/527…
Board of Supervisors Special Meeting January 8, 2018: Board of Supervisors Special Meeting January 8, 2018 Update: Minutes added or updated http://www.powhatanva.com/AgendaCenter/PreviousVersions/524…