💚💚Don't forget, this Sunday (18th) is our Show the Love event. Come and show the love for your favourite wildlife, stand up to climate change and have great fun all at the same time! See you there.💚💚 p.s. 24 photos and this was the best one...
💚 💚 Don't forget it's our Show the Love event on Sunday 18th (11am-3pm). Come and show the love for your favourite nature, stand up to climate change and have great fun all at the same time! See you there.💚 💚
We're delighted to feature in this "Guide to Accessible Birding in the UK" from Euan's Guide. We're committed to doing what we can to make sure that everyone, no matter what their circumstances, can enjoy getting close to nature at Loch Garten. If you have any suggestions as to how we can further improve our accessibility, we'd be delighted to hear from you, thank you.
💚 What do you love?
💚 Pinewoods? 💚 Spring flowers? 💚 The dawn chorus? 💚 Or how about chocolate? 💚 Home-grown veg? 💚 Your family? (of course!) 💚 Holidays in the sun? 💚 The list is endless, but how is Climate Change affecting the things you love the most?
Join with us and #Show the Love 💚 for the special things that are being affected by Climate Change 💚
Create some heart art 💚 Take a selfie in our love-nest 💚 Make a wildlife-friendly home to take away 💚 Hand-feed the coal ti...ts 💚 Plus hot drinks and biscuits to sustain you! 💚
RSPB Members £1; non-members £3; family £5
Let's hear it for the Cairngorms National Park Ranger Services! 👏
We're proud to part-fund the RSPB Abernethy Community Ranger post with the National Park Authority.
The CNP rangers deliver a huge amount for people and wildlife, as shown below - and the Park would be a much poorer place without them 😃...
Thank you, Rangers!
Did anyone see the "Super Blue Blood Moon" last night? An amazing natural phenomenon that last occurred over 150 years ago! Here's my attempt to photograph it...with a phone camera, I might add.
Are you wanting to, or do you know someone who wants to improve their employment prospects within the conservation sector?
We're looking for two Volunteer Visitor Experience Interns for six months, starting mid-March. Our two interns from 2017 both gained paid employment in the conservation sector immediately after their internships.
In this role you will gain:
* Wide-ranging experience in every aspect of the work of an RSPB Visitor Experience Officer, as part of a dedicated... and passionate team working in the world-famous Osprey Centre on Abernethy NNR, delivering a top quality visitor experience and first class customer care.
* On-going professional development and appropriate training such as Membership Recruitment, First Aid, Safeguarding, Working with Volunteers, RSPB Brand, public affairs, plus the chance to spend time gaining experience elsewhere on Abernethy reserve, either in research or on practical conservation tasks.
* A mentor who will monitor your progress and help you with personal / professional development.
* Experience of working with and supervising other volunteers, both residential and day volunteers.
* Access to our internal vacancies during the period of your volunteering.
* The chance to attend the ringing of the osprey chicks (assuming we have a successful breeding season!)
*** Free accommodation is available in a beautiful location on RSPB Abernethy National Nature Reserve***
For more details and an application pack, please either:
* comment below
* message this page
* email firstname.lastname@example.org
* phone 01479 821409 and ask for Jess or Chris
Please tag anyone you think may be interested.
What's happening at Loch Garten? Read our blog to find out...
The deadline is fast approaching to apply for one of our Loch Garten internships. We're offering a summer spent in the Caledonian pine forest, sharing amazing wildlife with amazing people and developing skills that will make employers sit up and take note. Both of last years interns went straight into paid employment! Gain priceless workplace experience and receive valuable advice from a dedicated mentor all while having a brilliant time! Apply now.