Fight to save healthcare and lives this Wednesday at 5pm in Washington DC. A massive human chain will surround the Capitol building.
Victory in Whiteclay!
Fred Harrington and his grandson Riley Sargent wanted to make a statement and it needed to have some impact. http://www.mlive.com/…/03/line_5_meeting_enbridge_m...arch.html
Today, hundreds of people came to the MI Pipeline Safety Advisory Board (PSAB) meeting to voice their concerns about Enbridge Line 5.
Tribal leaders, doctors, and environmental orgs gathered in front of the Michigan Agency for Energy to demand Governor Rick Snyder and Attorney General Bill Schuette, to decommission Line 5, now.
Enbridge's spokesperson, Kurt Beraniecki was the first to speak. He gave weak/untruthful testimony that claimed line 5 was in as good a shape as it was the day it was built. (Gag me with a Flint river poisoned pitchfork.) He also claimed they are ready if a spill should happen.
Line 5 has been under fire for questions about the condition of it’s protective coating which was shown to lack important anti-corrosive coating. Last Thursday, Dr. Edward E. Timm, PhD, PE released a report on the deficiencies in the original design of Line 5 and the implications of the underwater current data for the Straits of Mackinac where the twin crude oil pipelines lie.
I want to put this out there people can take it with a grain of salt. The gossip and rumors Are coming from all side to make you stop dealing with the Black Sna...ke.
1. There is no flood! the Cannon Ball is not flooding, the only way there could be a flood at this point is man made, the army corp could let water out of the dam.
2. There has been no paid protestors no one received money to stand up for the water.
3. There was no weapons in the camps, they had to use that rumor to bring people to clear the camps. The rumor of hiding guns was not true.
4. There was not 200 abandoned vehicles left in the camps, people who were put in jail could not return for their vehicles no vehicles were in danger of a flood that did not happen.
5. The purposed garbage that was cleared out of the camps was not garbage but storages of food that could of gone to the communities, plus large area of supplies that were bulldozed down that were new and could of gone to the communities, building that were destroyed that could been a benefit for the community.
6. The amount of good material ad supplies wasted by the police could of helped people.
7. There was no human waste being dump in the river, the eco bathroom deliver their waste to Bismarck.
8. The camp were not 90 percent non native people, many tribal people lived in the camps.
9. The camp stayed in prayer until the last days and continue in pray today.
10. The movement is not dead we are stronger because of prayer. We continue to stand even if people use gossip and rumor to divide us we stand.
11. No the bridge is not open it had nothing to do with the camps it had everything to do with Dakota Access using the road for their equipments, they will not open the road until all the pipelines are done.
12. They could not stop this movement so they used the weak people in the community to stand against the water protectors, holding economic blackmail against them.
13. They knew that if you go into a community and repeat the same things everyday. It brings doubt in to people minds like...they are going to raid everyday but there was no raid...
14. Next step by a billion dollar company is identify the so called leaders then starting attacking them personally spread rumors and cause division. Certain people are paid just to do this there are everywhere.
15. The concept of yellow journalism where they put out lies across the country, People say it was in the paper, television so it must be true, but all it says is big money is paying for lies.
We must stand in truth don't let someone who has never been to camp tell you what it was like. They do not know the healing of camp life, morning songs and prayers, the gathering of nations, the sharing of cultures, the sharing of food, the commitment of each other, the strength of those warrior who stood up, those young people who became leaders. They-those who are afraid of this movement should know that we have just begun. We will not go back to sleep it is time now to stand against injustice because if you don't they will be at your door too. It is time to save the water which means it is time to save life. We stand.
The Army Corps is skipping the 14-day notification period and intend to grant the easement needed to drill no earlier than 24 hours after delivery of their Noti...ce of Intent.
Further threats to the water are clearly imminent. When the easement is granted, we're asking for mass-distributed actions in support of water protectors and the SRST tribe who will file for temporary restraining order and an injunction to halt construction, but as we've seen before those filings will not stop the machines from digging into Unci Maka, Mother Earth.
Construction could begin at any time. If you go to Standing Rock, expect police violence, mass arrests, felony charges for just about anything, abuse while in custody, targeted persecution and racial profiling while driving around the area, etc.
We are calling for emergency actions all over the world. PLEASE, THIS IS OUR LAST STAND. Please visit everydayofaction.org to find or register an action wherever you are. Check out our world action map at bit.ly/nodapl2017
VeteransRespond is mobilizing to return to Standing Rock at the request of LaDonna Tamakawastewin Allard. Water protectors are being violently abused by Morton... County and the BIA as they push to close the camp. Please help me reach my goal so I can get there as soon as possible!
#1. Help to facilitate the clean up of the Oceti camp.
#2. Act as a non-violent deescalation force to prevent police brutality from being used against peaceful water protectors.
#3. Provide unbiased media documentation of events surrounding the attempt to close the main camp.
Many of us who spent an extended amount of time at Standing Rock feel a call to return and finish what was started their months ago. We feel a responsibility to support and protect indigenous water protectors as they face camp closure. And to honor our pledge to leave the land as it was before we came.
All funds gathered with this gofundme are for my own personal travel, food, and incidental expenses. My trip is planned to be a 2-3 week deployment from WA state to Standing Rock.
I thank you in advance for any support you can lend. I also vow to comport myself with honor, restraint and dignity as a representative of VeteransRespond, and the oath I took many years ago to protect this nation from threats both foreign and domestic.
Evan K Duke III.
I was asked to share this video and the message below. Tragically, the indigenous water protectors no longer feel safe. We are ALL being asked to come to Standi...ng Rock NOW to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline
This is a video directly from the Water Protectors on the Front Line at Standing Rock. This is a Call To Action to all Strong Hearts to come to the front line. The lawlessness and militarization of the police has increased since Trump has taken office. The non-violent Protectors are being attacked and arrested. Their rights are being violated.
On Tuesday, the acting secretary of the Army directed the Corps of Engineers to "proceed with the easement" necessary for construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline. The directive is in line with President Trump's Jan. 24 memorandum encouraging the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to expedite the review and approval process.
Trump has given authority for Morton county and BIA to come here and start removing us from the camp starting February 22.
We are calling All Nations to come Protect the Water.
COME NOW TO STANDING ROCK.
DONATE HERE to support those on the front lines :: https://secure.everyaction.com/PUTZciBozU-yksXg_duOpQ2
Refugee Rights & 30+ other orgs need translators @ airports/by phone. They have attorneys taking shifts @ all major intl airports but they need Arabic speakers!... If someone you know can help out, please have them email email@example.com who can connect them directly to the organizers. شكرا!
NYC at 2pm today:
Action in NYC TODAY at JFK airport.
TAKE ACTION NOW:
There are reports of dozens of people (refugees, visa holders) being denied entry at JFK because of the #MuslimBan executive order. Greencard h...olders are also being questioned.
The New York Immigration Coalition, Arab American Association of New York, DRUM - Desis Rising Up & Moving, African Communities Together, Make the Road New York are official endorsers of rapid response action TODAY 11AM at JFK Terminal 4 outside arrivals.
We encourage our allies (especially U.S citizens) to take part. If you are a non-citizen or concerned about your status, we are suggesting to sit this one out for safety reasons. This is a non-permitted action.
Please spread the word: 11AM, outside arrivals at Terminal 4, JFK.
Legal observers will be present.