1. The race expo was smaller than ever. We tried to hit every booth a...nd we were literally done with the expo in about 20 mins. In years past, the expo was significan
2. They really need to figure out a way to make the porta pottie lines shorter. I get there are a lot of people trying to go at the same time, but how is it not possible to work an agreement with ASU to open some of the buildings to use their already existing restrooms.
3. My wife decided to run a full marathon after doing dozens of half marathons.
4. The course is not great. I liked the old course when the half and full started together in downtown Phoenix. Newer split half marathon course is not flat like the old course and is pretty challengin
5. Rock and Roll series is supposed to have headliner bands for the finish. The Arizona race has had lamer and lamer bands each year. I run the Vegas race each year and the bands are always better.
6. There seems to be less and less people running this race every year. I is clear they have lost their luster at this race evidenced by the declining enrollment
I will say the course support and aid stations were good. Plenty of water and energy gel stuff.
Overall, I think my years of running the Rock and Roll Arizona races might be coming to an end. Unless of course, they improve their offering.
I have done the arizona rock n roll half marathon for about 12 years now, & the vegas for 6. I normally love the expo but this year it was the smal...lest it’s ever been & was disappoint
This was my first ever full marathon. I have to say the start area was way less crowded than the half normally is- & I was actually able to get into a port a potty quickly. There were only 4 corrals too.
The course was well marked & had great aid stations. The part I didn’t like was the 7 mile out & back from miles 13-20. It was mentally defeating.
The finisher area was good- decent amount of snacks. Gear check was quick & easy as well.
The biggest disappoint
I was told instead of the jackets there was a separate marathon finisher area. I checked it out- cold papa johns pizza, snickers bars, & room temperatur
While I still enjoy the Vegas rock n roll, i may switch to the Phoenix Marathon in Arizona if rock n roll continues to decline.
The Expo was easy to get to, had lots of vendors......I needed an Achilles brace and some k-tape and got them at a decent price without issue. No wait to get my bib and shirt, too, which was nice. Having the expo run two days probably helped. The goodie bag actually contained a lot of useful items, which is a rarity.
I was a little worried about them not having corrals 5-7 and the announceme
A+ course support. Fully stocked aid stations, drinks were always cool, plenty of folks handing out drinks so there wasn't a massive logjam. Big ups to all the volunteers
Course was nicely blocked off and well marked. Loved the big, obvious mile markers and the markers for every 5k.
Good amount of bands. I even stopped and listened to one for a few minutes - partially because I was exhausted and partially because they were really good.
Not a lot of spectators
Ton of good free stuff at the finish line. I wish I had more hands and pockets.
The course isn't scenic at all, really, but it's metropolit
I signed up super early, so I'd consider the price very reasonable
Good work RNR. I hope to run Nashville in 2019.
Where’s the start line for 2018?
Please be aware that no matter what you do they will... email you constantly
I wish I never participat
The Tempo Running blog has your race day checklist so you can arrive at the starting line of your next marathon or half marathon without the stress. Check it out ⬇️
Running a hilly course is no joke. Be prepared with these 4 tips from Jessie Sebor, Editor in Chief of Women's Running, to get up and over those hills.
Who’s ready to ROCK Raleigh the Carolina way? We are AMPED to introduce Carolina natives SUSTO as the Toyota USA Rock ‘n’ Roll Concert Series Headliner for the 2018 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Raleigh Half Marathon!
SUSTO brings creativity to their sound, with layers of sighing keyboards, galloping rhythms and frayed, noisy guitar solos atop wistful melodies.
Rock out to SUSTO April 7th at Red Hat Amphitheater and get pumped for race day!
Runner Lauren from Virginia began her running journey just 10 months ago. Taking control of her health, she completed her first half marathon in September. Take a look back on her journey by clicking below.
Full of rich history, monumental attractions and a thriving arts and culinary scene, DC is the perfect location to explore before or after your race. Check out out how to get the most out of your trip for the United Airlines Rock 'n' Roll Washington DC Marathon and 1/2 Marathon March 10, 2018.
By understanding the characteristics of your feet and their motion, you can make sure that you end up in a running shoe that best serves your needs.
Coach Paul Greer of the San Diego Track Club has observed many training mistakes over the years. Click below to see a few of the most common. What mistakes have you learned from in your training?
Registration is NOW open for the 2018 Humana Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio Marathon & 1/2 Marathon! We are bringing you more music, a better running experience and improved on-course support!
Join us next December for a festive celebration of the city's 300th year!