I will openly admi...t the resort has choice real estate close to the lagoon and that advance planning is necessary to procure it. I booked a full three months before even telling my October groom we'd be there this January.
Now for a few disclosure
1) If you're looking for a cheap hotel room this is not for you, not because the resort is not affordable
2) They are out of the way of most night life (walking distance only; the entire island is easily accessible
3) During early January of 2017 the on site resturaunt
4) They are currently remodeling
1) Bring sun screen and bug spray. Also, listen to the airport lady when she says apply sun screen before bug spray. They did not take the time to record that message for their or your entertainm
2) Enable wifi calling and texting (don't video chat). The resort's connection
3) Chord cutters, your options are limited. We brought our Roku. Netflix does not stream here, more due to the island's infrastruc
4) Bring more money than you think you need for food. We budgeted 1k for all expenses. We were sticker shocked regarding milk, eggs and meat products. I still cooked breakfast and lunch during our stay on the island; though we usually went out for dinner. The average cost per day for food items (within walking distance) was $60 USD. There is a convenienc
5) Be aware and protect yourself. The exchange rate between the Antillean Florin and the dollar is 1.79 FLS/
6) If you're fine eating a 6% exchange charge (which you're charged if you exchange anyway). You can do everything
Photos attached to my TA review, assuming I've counted characters
For those of you waiting for refunds of your deposits from the Summit, I am happy to inform you that these will all be processed next week.
The fastest way to get your refund is via PayPal, ACH transfer or Chase QuickPay which uses the Zelle, or clearXchange network. Many banks participate with clearXchange including Chase, Bank of America, Capital One, Wells Fargo, US Bank, Frost and FirstBank.
If you would like to receive your refund quickly, and you have either PayPal or ...your bank participates with clearXchange, all I need to process your refund is your email address. Please be sure to send me the one that is associated with your account. If you want your refund via ACH transfer, please send me the account number you want it sent to and let me know if it is a checking or savings account. You can send all information to me at BruceJ@thesummitresort.com.
If I do not hear from you by next Friday, January 5th, then I will mail a check to you at the address you provided when you made your reservation with us.
Please let me know if you have any questions on the above.
Now that the cat, or should I say the Pat, is officially out of the bag, I am happy to share with you the news that former Summit General Manager Pat Evans has taken over as Director at Belair Beach Club. I had a chance to visit Evans, as she prefers to be called, in her new office at Belair last week and it was great to see her back in the swing of things once again. Look for great things to start happening at Belair now that she is there. Congratulations Evans!