[Family Day Feb 19th]
Free family skate from
1-3 (sponsored by Tim Hortons and Axia)!
Out of Town Events:...
Free admission is available nearby at Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump, the Remington Carriage Museum, the Tyrell Museum in Drumheller & the Frank Slide Interpretive Centre.
Also there are some free events hosted by Alberta Parks! https://www.albertaparks.ca/albertaparksca/news-events/
Nearby there are:
❄️ Grizzly Winter Events at
Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park and
🎣 Free Family Day Ice Fishing Weekend at Castle Provincial Park
Nanton Golf Club is looking for a Clubhouse Manager https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1654159831273416&id=115136305175784
The Nanton Golf club is seeking the services of a Clubhouse Manager for the 2018 season and beyond. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have a passion for food, and committed to providing outstanding customer service.
The Clubhouse Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the clubhouse including kitchen, restaurant, halfway house, and beverage cart.
• Menu Creation: Create a menu that will appeal to our customers and fit within their budget while ensuring profitability of the club.
• Create specials and feature items to attract customers on a regular basis
• Food Purchasing: Sourcing and purchasing of food on a regular basis while balancing food costs, ensuring adequate stock and minimizing waste to optimize company profit.
• Food Safety: make sure that the kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular schedule, food is disposed of properly and the kitchen meets all sanitary standards. Schedule and oversee necessary maintenance and repairs on kitchen appliances
• Staffing: Hire employees and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques.
• Scheduling: Create and manage a schedule to ensure there are always enough staff to meet the demand while simultaneously balancing labor costs.
• Management: accurately and easily communicate service standards and cooking methods to staff. Work collaboratively with servers and restaurant staff to make sure everyone is working together to provide an excellent customer experience.
• Customer-Service: interacting with members and guests, soliciting and listening to feedback. Investigating and resolving food and beverage quality and service complaints. Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
• Communication: Continual communication with the Head Professional, Clubhouse Committee, and Board of Directors. Attend regular management meetings and board meetings.
• Catering: Prepare meals for large and small tournament groups
• 5+ years’ experience working in a Restaurant.
• Culinary experience.
• Experience creating a menu, sourcing and ordering food.
• Attention to detail
• Leadership; ability to train and supervise employees
• Problem Solving; able to quickly think on your feet
• Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Experience catering large events
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Passion for customer service
• Outgoing personality with excellent communication skills
• Professional image and attitude
• Willing to work a flexible schedule
• Food safe certification, ProServe certification and hospitality training are considered assets.
Employment term 8 months (March 1st through October 31st)
Salary range based on experience, paid semi-monthly
Vacation pay (4% paid out each pay period)
Weekly hours for this position are 40 + hours per week
Interested applicants please forward a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Professional, Nanton Golf Club
Deadline for applications is February 28th, 2018
“Normally Administration will only transfer funds from one year to the next if the project is in progress and not yet billed, however, due to the unique circumstances of 2017 created by changes in management, critical projects that were not started are also included in the request,” wrote Marianne Morrison, the Town’s director of corporate services.
⚠️Weather Alert ⚠️
YDI Program - Nanton tonight!
Noxolone kits are available at (and provided for free from AHS) from most pharmacies.
Noxolone (brand name Narcan) can help reverse opioid overdose
Here is an information sheet about making the decision to have Noxolone in your workplace:
The Nanton Golf Club is looking for employees!
The Nanton Golf club is hiring full-time and part-time seasonal staff for the following positions. The season will run for approximately 6 months from April 15th to October 15th. The following positions are available:
Outside Services – working outside in the golf operations department providing customer service to members and guests, staging golf carts, cleaning golf carts, maintaining the driving range, keeping the area outside the Pro Shop tidy.
Servers – Working inside the clubhouse providing customer service to restaurant customers. Duties include but are not limited to: greeting customers, taking orders, serving food and drinks, cleaning tables, and keeping the inside of the clubhouse and the patio clean at all times.
Maintenance Department – Working outside on the golf course performing daily maintenance activities which will require operating machinery and performing physical labour. Making sure that the golf course is presentable to the members and guests.
Cook & Prep-cooks – Cooking menu items and preparing food for restaurant customer.
For a full job descriptions and application forms please visit our website at www.nantongolfclub.ca.
Interested applicants please email resumes to email@example.com