Get your copy today for FREE!
I enjoyed this novel a great deal.
ARENA preorders have now exceeded preorders for THE NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH and nearly exceeded preorders for JACKRABBIT: BIG IN JAPAN. Seems like people are excited... about a new Mustang Sally novel...
Preorder here if you want to add yourself to the list! https://www.amazon.com/Arena-Just-Cause-Univer…/…/B07BBRXJ4S
Watch in full
"The System's neatest trick is this:
1) For the sake of its own efficiency and security, the System needs to bring about deep and radical social changes to matc...h the changed conditions resulting from technological progress.
2) The frustration of life under the circumstances imposed by the System leads to rebellious impulses.
3) Rebellious impulses are co-opted by the System in the service of the social changes it requires; activists "rebel" against the old and outmoded values that are no longer of use to the System and in favor of the new values that the System needs us to accept.
4) In this way rebellious impulses, which otherwise might have been dangerous to the System, are given an outlet that is not only harmless to the System, but useful to it.
5) Much of the public resentment resulting from the imposition of social changes is drawn away from the System and its institutions and is directed instead at the radicals who spearhead the social changes.
The university intellectuals also play an important role in carrying out the System's trick. Though they like to fancy themselves independent thinkers, the intellectuals are the most oversocialized, the most conformist, the tamest and most domesticated, the most pampered, dependent, and spineless group today. As a result, their impulse to rebel is particularly strong. But, because they are incapable of independent thought, real rebellion is impossible for them. Consequently they are suckers for the System's trick, which allows them to irritate people and enjoy the illusion of rebelling without ever having to challenge the System's basic values."